Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tryin to convince my friend to get a rr or some kind of sport bike of choice. He thinks he wants a $&*&hole harley and i got him half considering a sport bike now. I need to push him over the edge to get him get a sport bike. If he buys a cruiser i know he'll know he made a mistake. He's not a slow paced person. I need something from you guys to back me up besides the obvious reliability, performance, gas mileage(most people hehe not good gas mileage by the way they drive)

Something throw me some ideas guys, i know you guys can get someone to fully change their mind!

Mitch

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
I would never try to convince someone that they want the wrong bike. It's a personal choice and believe it or not the RR is NOT the best bike for everyone.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Im tryin to convince my friend to get a rr or some kind of sport bike of choice. He thinks he wants a $&*&hole harley and i got him half considering a sport bike now. I need to push him over the edge to get him get a sport bike. If he buys a cruiser i know he'll know he made a mistake. He's not a slow paced person. I need something from you guys to back me up besides the obvious reliability, performance, gas mileage(most people hehe not good gas mileage by the way they drive)

Something throw me some ideas guys, i know you guys can get someone to fully change their mind!

Mitch
Everybody is different.. Different strokes for different folks..

A cruiser person will get just as much fun as a sportrider gets.. it boils down to what turns you on..

Speaking only for myself. They couldn't pay me enough to have a cruiser.. Sheesh, I couldn't even stand a Katana!!

However, I did make a promise to myself, and that is when I turn 100 years old, I will buy myself a Harley...In the meantime, I get my jollies off on a sportbike..

·
Registered
885 Posts
If he wants a crusier and wont go with a sport bke try and push him towards a yami warrior 1700... Trust me on this one man the thing pulls your balls off and isnt bad in the tisties for a crusiser

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
If he wants a crusier and wont go with a sport bke try and push him towards a yami warrior 1700... Trust me on this one man the thing pulls your balls off and isnt bad in the tisties for a crusiser
Yeah my friend had one of them warriors, he sold the thing about a year ago to get a sportbike if that tells you any thing.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Ducati Monster!!!

That is going to be my sportbike of choice when my back starts to give. =]

Jason

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
May not be the best idea for your sake, but throw him on your bike and have him take it around for 10 min.​
Haha, he asked me that already, there is only one other person i trust on my bike. he can sit on thats it, like a kid hehe

·
Registered
273 Posts
Cruisers are so pedestrian to me. They just look boring. A whole lotta loud annoying rumble accompanied by so little go. Plus the styling of most of them is from the 60's. And they are so ******* heavy.. no thanks.

K

·
0 Posts
Cruisers are so pedestrian to me. They just look boring. A whole lotta loud annoying rumble accompanied by so little go. Plus the styling of most of them is from the 60's. And they are so ******* heavy.. no thanks.
so little go? Are you nutz?! From a roll my buddy's V-Rod out pulled me redlining it. he didn't even have to down shift... he was just GONE.

·
Registered
611 Posts
A dude I know has one of these and I would def. rock it! His is all tricked out & is pretty fast & handles good. I passed him on a sweeping right hander @ 130, looked down @ my speedo & said no fukin way!

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts
so little go? Are you nutz?! From a roll my buddy's V-Rod out pulled me redlining it. he didn't even have to down shift... he was just GONE.

PPL under estimate the power of some of the twins, mainly becuase their lack of ever riding one and they seem to think that Harley's suck becuase they don't like them?

·
Macho Office Monkey
3,132 Posts

Mitch
I would tell him to buy what he wants to buy. I ride with my Dad all the time and he has Harley's. Its so gay ppl think there is some kind of rule that Rockets can't ride with crusers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont think there is a rule that rockets cant ride with cruisers, it just looks dumb IMO when theres like 12-15 rockets and a cruiser

·
Registered
106 Posts
I learned to ride on my grandpas cruisers. Theres nothing wrong with cruisers, I had a lot of fun on them. I had a buddy let me ride his F3 around for a while and I was hooked. I'd say get him to ride both and decide for himself.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
harleys suck IMO big time. ive ridden many of them from fatboys to rode gilde to v-rod, they suck to me but are comfy as hell. the v-rod was fast though, i want to race one on my 07rr. i just think its soooo stupid to spend that kind of money on a bike that is built very poorly compared to a yamaha or honda. coolest cruiser ever = honda rune. id buy a cruiser but never will i own a harley.

K

·
0 Posts
some people like the twisites and the dance on a knife edge performance of sportbikes. others just like to ride the open road...

there's different reasons for riding motorcycles ya'll... i'll tell you one thing, i won't take a 3000 mile trip on a RR that's fo DAYMN sure.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts