Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheres a place i can get cooper crush washers for the brake lines? i dont want to pay the 3 bucks per washer at the honda store.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Call Brad @ Superbikesupply

I think mine cost about $3 for 5 Galfer copper washers in a package

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Pretty sure that's 10mm

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
It is 12mm.
Oil pan crush washer is 12mm

This question whas posted in the wrong section as this is the Oil and Lube area.
Motorcycle brake stuff is usually 10mm

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
CRUSH WASHER OIL Filter

I revived this old thread because of the title and well that's what you should do instead of cluttering our forum with krap...:shakehand

So I've always wanted to trot on down to the local hardware store and get like a dozen CRUSH
Washers since I buy my filters and Oil in bulk for the season from a local AMSOIL jobber ( highly recommend this BTW )

but locating a match for internal & external diameter isn't usually the problem its the freaking material.

Are these things aluminum or what I mean they should ""C R U S H "" right
it's in their name ---thusly ---- their function.

A steel washer -- ASSUMPTION-- just wouldn't be correct RIGHT ?? :retard:

So if I can luck out on an internet search (not hard) for the correct inner & outer diameter what material am I looking for .?.

I just hate buying these from a dealership its FREAKING insane its just a washer :cursin: after all..

Do we have a vendor handy that can hook me up ??

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I revived this old thread because of the title and well that's what you should do instead of cluttering our forum with krap...:shakehand

So I've always wanted to trot on down to the local hardware store and get like a dozen CRUSH
Washers since I buy my filters and Oil in bulk for the season from a local AMSOIL jobber ( highly recommend this BTW )

but locating a match for internal & external diameter isn't usually the problem its the freaking material.

Are these things aluminum or what I mean they should ""C R U S H "" right
it's in their name ---thusly ---- their function.

A steel washer -- ASSUMPTION-- just wouldn't be correct RIGHT ?? :retard:

So if I can luck out on an internet search (not hard) for the correct inner & outer diameter what material am I looking for .?.

I just hate buying these from a dealership its FREAKING insane its just a washer :cursin: after all..

Do we have a vendor handy that can hook me up ??
How often are you changing oil and how much is your dealer charging for these that cost is even an issue with these? Don't think I paid more than a dollar for each one, buy them a half dozen or so at a time and I only change them if they are deformed or otherwise worn. No reason if you use them correctly not to get a change or two out if them, I usually do.

But to answer your question either copper or aluminum (OEM) will work, and as long as the the ID is the same (the ID can be either slightly smaller or larger as long as it fits) will work fine. The reason you don't want steel is in the name like you said, crush washers. The idea behind them is to collapse slightly to:

1. Provide an oil tight seal

and

2. Provide a "crush zone" so SLIGHTLY over tightening the drain bolt would result in crushing the washer, not stripping the drain plug threads. But we all know that you can still strip the threads if you're not careful, especially with a reused washer, why you want to replace them.

Don't make it a big deal, next time walk into your dealer and buy a handful, probably under $5 for 6 of them and have them on hand. If your dealer is charging more than $1, go to another one.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts