Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
A Taylormade style exhaust, cool - though, there's like almost no room under there for much in the way of piping, I'm hoping this is more than just a straight pipe which would be disappointing.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Would like to know more & see more pics, but it's definitely peaked my interest! If I owned a '13+ I'd be pretty interested to learn more. Looks like it comes with the tail eliminator too. All for less than $570USD, £367GBP...

I'm with FC on this one though, I hope it's not just a straight pipe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hard to tell how it sounds since it was taken outside the dyno area. Would love to hear more sound clips and get a little more info about it.

any one else have any info on this?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Looks different... Everything is cleaned out under there - exhaust and all.

Is it just me, or does anyone else prefer the exhaust to visually stand out more...

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Looks different... Everything is cleaned out under there - exhaust and all.

Is it just me, or does anyone else prefer the exhaust to visually stand out more...
It depends. I think some exhaust cans look totally awesome; the latest Kawi ZX10 has great exhaust placement and some neat aftermarket exhausts. I'm torn, I like normal sized exhausts but I also really like the Moto2/MotoGP style little exhausts that are visually small. I'm going to join the 'side slung exhaust 600RR' club soon, I was going to use a tiny Racefit growler, but sold it for a larger and quieter Yosh R77D.

The fairing design has a lot to do with it; the 1000RR and KTM's RC8R both make hidden exhausts look good because their undertray is designed well to integrate it.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts

I appreciate a nice exhaust as much as the next person, but when discrete is done well it's beautiful.

Example.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It depends. I think some exhaust cans look totally awesome; the latest Kawi ZX10 has great exhaust placement and some neat aftermarket exhausts. I'm torn, I like normal sized exhausts but I also really like the Moto2/MotoGP style little exhausts that are visually small. I'm going to join the 'side slung exhaust 600RR' club soon, I was going to use a tiny Racefit growler, but sold it for a larger and quieter Yosh R77D.

The fairing design has a lot to do with it; the 1000RR and KTM's RC8R both make hidden exhausts look good because their undertray is designed well to integrate it.
I appreciate a nice exhaust as much as the next person, but when discrete is done well it's beautiful.

Example.
Makes sense, I see.

Looks like if it's designed and integrated well enough, it can always be win.

In regards to the Panigale, I went to check one out before I pulled the trigger on the 600RR. I was scratching my head trying to figure out where the exhaust was coming out from, lol. Not bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts