• Yes, I throw them a couple of bucks.

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I get curbside to go allot, but we never leave a tip. Tonight we got curbside to go from Carrabba's and I was wondering should I leave a tip?

Do any of you leave a tip? If you what percent do you tip?

Kev

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
but they have to take the order and verify everything is ok. if you just order a beer or two at the bar, do you tip? all the bartender did was pour 2 drinks... just keep in mind that it is taking their attention and care from other customers, which is the whole reason they are working.

and anyways, what's $2-3 mean to you really??? it just might make that person's day!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I do, and I usually leave about $5 but I do wait tables for now while I'm in school.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I don't think you have to but the people that ring it up get charged for it. Meaning they have to pay out the bussers, food runners...etc.

I tip.

·
Registered
137 Posts
As a waiter myself, i can clear up the whole tip-out issue. For me personally, i tipout 3% to bussers/hosts/bartender, from my total sales. So lets say for the whole day, i sell 100 dollars worth of food, and don't get tipped. I now owe the restaurant 100 dollars. and 3 dollars that goes towards the bussers/hosts/bartender. I on the other hand, walk away actually losing money. Of course this example is on a much smaller scale, but you get the picture.

Also! this doesn't include the other 2% of alcohol sales that goes to the bartender. Oi!

please tip! it's how we make our living. hehe. You hook us up, we hook you up.

Thanks!

Ryan.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
TribalShadow said:
As a waiter myself, i can clear up the whole tip-out issue. For me personally, i tipout 3% to bussers/hosts/bartender, from my total sales. So lets say for the whole day, i sell 100 dollars worth of food, and don't get tipped. I now owe the restaurant 100 dollars. and 3 dollars that goes towards the bussers/hosts/bartender. I on the other hand, walk away actually losing money. Of course this example is on a much smaller scale, but you get the picture.

Also! this doesn't include the other 2% of alcohol sales that goes to the bartender. Oi!

please tip! it's how we make our living. hehe. You hook us up, we hook you up.

Thanks!

Ryan.

Like I said :) .

·
Registered
143 Posts
actually most places have servers who are just there to do togo orders, or so my friend who worked at a place said. so tip em a little bit

ohh i'm a server too so i'm a little biased.

N

·
0 Posts
Having waited/served food during my teen years and early twenties, a lot of this "tipping" is abused imo.

Starbucks getting tipped? Please, give me a break! Stick them in a restuarant serving food for 10 tables and then get back to me.

Valet parking? Please!

I know who deserves a tip and when and how much to tip, and "curbside to go" is not one of them. I never expected any tips when I prepared food for "curbside to go", and when I got tipped I got excited, and thanked them; but it wasn't something I expected.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nemesis said:
Having waited/served food during my teen years and early twenties, a lot of this "tipping" is abused imo.

Starbucks getting tipped? Please, give me a break! Stick them in a restuarant serving food for 10 tables and then get back to me.

Valet parking? Please!

I know who deserves a tip and when and how much to tip, and "curbside to go" is not one of them. I never expected any tips when I prepared food for "curbside to go", and when I got tipped I got excited, and thanked them; but it wasn't something I expected.
Agreed, curbside is another issue. like you said, the few times i do run curbside (slow day and no tables), it's nice to get a tip but i don't expect it. Doesn't count towards my sales so it doesn't hurt.

lol. my friend works at starbucks, and whenever he complains about a shitty day and no tips i just give him "the look" :icon_roll:

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
Nemesis said:
I never expected any tips when I prepared food for "curbside to go", and when I got tipped I got excited, and thanked them; but it wasn't something I expected.
that's the whole reason i say throw 'em a few bucks, what does it matter to the average person in the longrun?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i believe if i tip people well, i'll get tipped well. in my line of hustling, i could get tipped 100 bucks. every morning i go to dunkin donuts, my order comes to 6.42 all the time and the person gets a 58 cent tip. its not much but it does add up.

oh yeah another thing i have is.. if the chick is hot and flirty, she gets a good tip :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I tip about 2 or 3 dollars. I don't tip as much as if I went in and sat down, because I don't get as much service.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
whenever i see/hear/read a topic regarding tips, the first thing that pops into my head is Steve (Mr. Pink)Buscemi's rant in the beginning of "Reservoir Dogs".

Steve Buscemi: I don't tip.

Harvey Keitel: You don't tip?

Steve Buscemi: Nah, I don't believe in it.

Harvey Keitel: This is a hard job.

Steve Buscemi: So's working at McDonald's, but you don't feel the need to tip them, do you? ... I don't tip because society says I have to. Alright, I mean I'll tip if somebody really deserves it, but I mean this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. I order coffee I want it filled six times. Jesus Christ, these ladies aren't starving to death - they make minimum wage.

classic....

oh and just to clarify, i usually tip - as long as they aren't rude!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts