Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit/Update 5/5 BUST

Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up what happens when you have a problem with motomummy. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

On 4/28 around Noon I ordered the Bazzaz ZFI for my 2013 CBR600RR. If you look on their site https://www.motomummy.com/bazzaz-performance/bazzaz-zfi/ the 2013-2014 CBR600RR have their own section as they changed from the 2007-2012.

The item didn't ship 4/28 (Which is understandable) 4/29 (Still understandable) then around 3 oclock on 4/30 I called to make sure everything was good to go. The CS rep let me know that they had been waiting for the new 2013-2014 item as it changed recently and it would ship out that day.. YES! I was excited. It shipped the evening of 4/30 (Still a good time)

It arrived 5/3. I opened the box excited as could be and I see the sticker on the side of it.. it says 07-13... okay, I thought maybe it was okay as Akrapovic had done the same thing on their exhaust and it turned out just to be old stickers they had to itemize everything and the exhaust was correct...

I look at my receipt, it says 07-14... okay still might be okay. So I open the item only to find it missing the o2 simulator and instructions says 07-12.. ****.

I call motomummy at 3 o clock to let them know the problem, the CS directs me to send an email to returns. Around an hour later I receive an email letting me know they sent me what I selected on the site.. So I get my email 13-14.. NO, He also lets me know I can only return it with a restocking fee if its unopened as my model doesn't come out until late JUNE....

So I have my intake, full exhaust, ZAFM, Pair block offs, my oil, and zbomb... and I'm only waiting on this part.

How do you guys think this will be handled? Will the site sponsor step up and correct the mistake which wasn't mine? I hope so! Stay tuned!

Also, if something isn't true that I posted I welcome the vendor to explain, there are two sides to every story.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up what happens when you have a problem with motomummy. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

On 4/28 around Noon I ordered the Bazzaz ZFI for my 2013 CBR600RR. If you look on their site https://www.motomummy.com/bazzaz-performance/bazzaz-zfi/ the 2013-2014 CBR600RR have their own section as they changed from the 2007-2012.

The item didn't ship 4/28 (Which is understandable) 4/29 (Still understandable) then around 3 oclock on 4/30 I called to make sure everything was good to go. The CS rep let me know that they had been waiting for the new 2013-2014 item as it changed recently and it would ship out that day.. YES! I was excited. It shipped the evening of 4/30 (Still a good time)

It arrived 5/3. I opened the box excited as could be and I see the sticker on the side of it.. it says 07-13... okay, I thought maybe it was okay as Akrapovic had done the same thing on their exhaust and it turned out just to be old stickers they had to itemize everything and the exhaust was correct...

I look at my receipt, it says 07-14... okay still might be okay. So I open the item only to find it missing the o2 simulator and instructions says 07-12.. ****.

I call motomummy at 3 o clock to let them know the problem, the CS directs me to send an email to returns. Around an hour later I receive an email letting me know they sent me what I selected on the site.. So I get my email 13-14.. NO, He also lets me know I can only return it with a restocking fee if its unopened as my model doesn't come out until late JUNE....

So I have my intake, full exhaust, ZAFM, Pair block offs, my oil, and zbomb... and I'm only waiting on this part.

How do you guys think this will be handled? Will the site sponsor step up and correct the mistake which wasn't mine? I hope so! Stay tuned!

Also, if something isn't true that I posted I welcome the vendor to explain, there are two sides to every story.
So they sent you the wrong part and want you to pay the restocking fee? How can that be right? I read way too many negative posts about MotoMummy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As of right now they don't want to take the item back at all since I peeled off the plastic from the box to get the instructions out...I'm holding out hope that they will come through though... Can't be negative too quick! They are a large vendor on this site, I requested management from the last email I received. Holding out hope!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Bullsh1t.

There are two sides to every story, and I'm sure that we'll hear the other side soon.
Please don't tell me what I have read and what I haven't. I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have seen numerous negative reviews about their customer service on various sites.

I have only had one experience with them and I ended up having to order it from another place due to them taking forever to get it in stock without ever telling me it was back ordered.

Hell, just check out the yelp reviews.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bullsh1t.

There are two sides to every story, and I'm sure that we'll hear the other side soon.
lol, I've just decided this guy comes off a tad abrasive I wouldn't take it to heart. I'm sure he has a lot of experience and adds a ton to this site.

·
Registered
149 Posts
(as my model doesnt come out till June)? What you mean? they knew they didnt have the right part since it only comes out in june but still sent you the bazzaz knowingly its not the right product.

·
Registered
149 Posts
sucks to hear though. ive ordered from them and communication was great and def made sure to send the right item threw communication. im pretty sure motomummy will not let you hang. they are the top site vendor and its for a reason. hope all ends well.

(its not like you bought from (VENOM) lol:banghead:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is where it gets confusing to me as well. The first time I called, before my order shipped, I was told they were receiving it that day. My email says the part doesn't exist until June... But its on the site. You can see how I'm confused and aggravated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
yes indeed it is confusing they are selling something that they cannot possibly have since by the email its not even on the market yet

·
Registered
149 Posts
then if he is right unfortunately you wont be able to have it from any other websites since the product itself wont be available to customers until late june. so might as well put your bike together without it or get the pcV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Corey got back to me and it looks promising. He asked what the model number on the box was. He said he thought I wanted a new model of bazzaz not the new model of the CBR600RR.. So insider information that Bazzaz might be coming out with a new model of ZFI?? :p

I'm calming a little bit, I just wish this was a faster response like on the phone...

Its always good to see how a vendor handles issues along with the good reviews. So far I'm not turned off from the deal, I'm just glad I document everything I do anymore.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well Corey got back to me and it looks promising. He asked what the model number on the box was. He said he thought I wanted a new model of bazzaz not the new model of the CBR600RR.. So insider information that Bazzaz might be coming out with a new model of ZFI?? :p

I'm calming a little bit, I just wish this was a faster response like on the phone...

Its always good to see how a vendor handles issues along with the good reviews. So far I'm not turned off from the deal, I'm just glad I document everything I do anymore.
Sounds promising. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
indeed they will try their best to resolve issues. they do make mistakes. but most of the time will try to make up for it if they were the faulty party.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright after many emails... well, he believes that they are the same thing minus the o2 simulator... I will be calling Bazzaz Monday and seeing about this and if they can send me an o2 simulator or if they need motomummy to do so... I can tell he really doesn't want me to return the item. But seems possible if he HAS to.

Its not what I ordered though, he showed me their order form, I saw the EXACT problem and the EXACT item I ordered on it, which didn't come to me. If anything about this is different I'll just sell it to a friend and order the correct part from Revzilla, I'm over returning it now...

My final say is I am not impressed as the weekend is rolling around, I'm scheduled for my mechanic Wednesday, and I wasn't able to set anything in motion. I'll post up some pictures right after this post... Oh well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts