Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am looking to make a custom exhaust for my cbr. what kind and what diameter piping is needed? is a muffler shop able to do this or will i have to go to a motorcycle specific shop? I am looking to make it loud but not to the point where i will be getting hassled.

·
Registered
770 Posts
you planning on fabricating a canister with baffles etc?. most exhausts, even with baffles can be VERY loud so i can only imagine how long yours will be.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
there are only so many different way pipes can be run on these things and still fit correctly. in the end all you will be doing is recreating what is already out there and honestly unless you have a whole team of R&D and access to hours and hours and hours of dyno time it wont be a very good recreation.

these things arent harleys where you can stick a piece of pipe to the engine and it runs.

good luck though,

·
Registered
106 Posts
there are only so many different way pipes can be run on these things and still fit correctly. in the end all you will be doing is recreating what is already out there and honestly unless you have a whole team of R&D and access to hours and hours and hours of dyno time it wont be a very good recreation.

these things arent harleys where you can stick a piece of pipe to the engine and it runs.

good luck though,

+1 just go buy one.... save urself a lot of pain and headaches

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
+1......if you are coming from a car tuning background like I was a while back, you are probably used to a shop being able to fab a custom exhaust for less than a pre-built one. That aint so on bikes. It will cost you twice as much and perform half as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.