Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to get some opinions on a piece that we (our lil’ business) have been working on for about two months. We do a lot of custom type work on bikes. The usual chrome, paint, etc. We used an axle mount license plate bracket from another company only to have it break in very short order. The reason was it simply was too thin and couldn’t withstand the stress from the vibrations that the “stunna’s” put these things through.

That being said, we developed a two-piece mount machined from solid blocks of aluminum. We’ve tested some prototypes on a 1000rr and also a GSXR-600. So far so good. There are a few details to work out but overall it’s working pretty well.

We’re at the point where we need to determine if there’s a market for these things or not. Before we drop the cash, I’m trying to obtain some opinions on the style and/or design of the piece.

The one in the photo is a black anodized version. We’re also looking into powder coating and chroming a bunch of them.

I only have a side photo at the moment. I’ll have a mounted photo very shortly.

So what do you think of this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
418 Posts
it is a good looking piece, but what about it dragging in the turns? if someone can drag their fairings, i think u could rip that off. . . and if possible, maybe shorter would be better. so its not "hanging" off the back to much.

but otherwise, its a good looking product.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DangerDoom said:
it is a good looking piece, but what about it dragging in the turns? if someone can drag their fairings, i think u could rip that off. . . and if possible, maybe shorter would be better. so its not "hanging" off the back to much.

but otherwise, its a good looking product.
That's a good point. It's only been tested by throttle jockey's so far. We could probably shorten it by 1.5 inches and still be safe. The plate mount portion tucks behind the chain and sprocket so it doesn't hang out any where near as far as it may look.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
IMO, i don't think those look right on a sportsbike, they're ok lookin on a chopper style bike but i dont know about our kind of bikes.. maybe if it was chromed out with an extended swingarm, with spinners and a tv screen mounted to the gas tank.. hahaha i also believe they're illegal in massachusetts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Think i read that to be legal it needs to be at the rear tire, where the rear tire ends, so the plate can be seen from either side in a sense...not sure if it being vertical matters...I have a cruiser and a RR, on my cruiser I really wanted the side mount but went with just cleaning up the mudflap and leaving it centered, don't want the hassle from the oink oink's...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Get You An Undertail And Mount It There. That Thing Is Meant For Cruisers...not An Rr!!

O2

·
Registered
736 Posts
cool idea on the design and its cool that you have a small business but the swing arm plate mounts are lame imho. but keep up the business bro!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts