Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone... Im thinking about putting some custom paint on my bike and would like to get some ideas... I'm getting the frame and the swing are chromed as well ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
907 Posts
too much money if you ride hard. i painted my bike last year, then hit a deer. now i'm like f it i'll spray paint it flat black. anyway i'd rather ride then show my bike. jmo. maybe i'm bitter ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
+1000000 to both answers if you ride hard and often your paint is going to get chipped scratched and everything else buuuuuuut if you want it do it!!!! my advice would be to stay away from anything that cant be easily touched up i.e....candy or some pearls i think. stay with something that can be easily matched up in case you do drop it or it does get scratched. good luck and post pics when you do it.

·
Registered
882 Posts
why paint when you can vynal it or shrink wrap it for MUCH cheaper...

Unless you are going to show it

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
+1000000 to both answers if you ride hard and often your paint is going to get chipped scratched and everything else buuuuuuut if you want it do it!!!! my advice would be to stay away from anything that cant be easily touched up i.e....candy or some pearls i think. stay with something that can be easily matched up in case you do drop it or it does get scratched. good luck and post pics when you do it.
DEFINETALY AGREE WITH EVERYBODY! this coming from somebody with custom candy. gets chipped and you cant touch it up. so keep it simple unless you dont ride hard or like seeing paint chip away from high speed rocks

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I say you should paint all the fairings chrome to match the frame and swingarm, YeeaaHH BBboooYYYY!!!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling bling

I say you should paint all the fairings chrome to match the frame and swingarm, YeeaaHH BBboooYYYY!!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Many times I have wanted to paint my bike a custom color and every single time I talk myself out of it. Mine is spray painted black. Its just too easy to mess up a nice bike and there's a lot of douchebags at my college.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go for it!! I love seeing custom paint jobs. There's no reason you can't have one and ride it. What style are you looking for?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I say get the gold chrome on the frame and swingarm and paint the bike fresh money green. bling bling.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
^^^^^WOW, that actualy looks pretty nice!! how durable IS crome?? does it chip easy and such like paint? how about scratches? wouldnt hurt with a fet chrome accents in the paint maybe, right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys i really dont know what type of paint job i want but i know I want it to be something just off the wall crazy... I do ride the streets pretty hard but im not to worried about the paint getting chipped cause ill just repaint it again next winter... As for the chrome i ended up takin it to the shop to have them strip it to the bare frame and im going to have them do the frame and the swing arm, there also throwing on some steel braided brake lines, my new 2ct's my flush mount signals another set of new frame sliders and my intagrated rear turn signal all for right around 3g's... so if anyones got any off the wall ideas on the paint let me know thanks in advance... Terry

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see how Rhino Liner or Line-X would hold up on a bike. I know a guy that sprayed his whole truck with it. I wonder how it would hold up to road rash? It would be like the whole bike is a frame slider!...lol:fiddy:

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see how Rhino Liner or Line-X would hold up on a bike. I know a guy that sprayed his whole truck with it. I wonder how it would hold up to road rash? It would be like the whole bike is a frame slider!...lol:fiddy:
it would look like chit. as for an opinion i think you could paint it whatever u wanted to. look into Lamin-x.com for paint protection if your worried about chips.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
That would look pretty good if it was something like this

but get very well polished instead of chrome...
lol I want to see a blinged out RR.

Geeeezzzz..... I rather have a sister thats selling her azz on the corner then be caught riding something like this!!
:monkey_po :monkey_po :monkey_po

·
Registered
55 Posts
it would look like chit. as for an opinion i think you could paint it whatever u wanted to. look into Lamin-x.com for paint protection if your worried about chips.

I never said it would look sparklie and pretty... Im just saying it would be interesting to see how it would hold up to some road rash... :bootyshak I mean really, if it meant the difference between getting new plastics or not when you lowside at the track, Im willing to bet alot of people would be for it. But for a street bike um, no thanks. :puke: Im too anal about keeping my girl shiny and clean...

Pyros :beer:

·
Registered
525 Posts
if you want wild and crazy def. stay away from like 80's style mini truck paint jobs with checkered flags and bright ass yellow and purples. try to stick with a less is more attitude if your going to do airbrush or graphics. some of the most impressive paint jobs i've seen are just a solid base with some matched up graphics. but hell if you dont mind getting noticed from space paint it a canary yellow with blue,purple,and red graphics........and a bunch of airbrushed clowns!!!!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Rhino liner is super heavy, so if you wanna add weight go ahead and rhino line it. I have seen it done on lower half of trucks. It holds up, but on a bike it would add quite a few pounds

1 - 20 of 38 Posts