Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have been messing with the idea of making a 1 off fiberglass tail from scratch.

curious to see if anyone else has messed around with this, and any sucess, failures encountered.

also looking for ideas anyone might have...

thanks guys

will post pics as i progress..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here's the first glimpse at my first attempt at this.

Going for a mix between the new 1000 tails and idk what else.

Right now I'm doing it in cardboard to make a frame to fiberglass over.

Currently I need to do a res delete so I have room to play back there and am trying to procure the plastic subframe tray so I can have the option to go back stock if for some reason I wanted to bc I need to cut the tray to make the profile skinny.

All comments and criticism are welcome

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Its a good idea but a LOT of work. there are a few guys on here who have done something similar. keep us posted on what you do...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea alot of work but im stuck at home for a month ( just had ankle surgery) so what better time to attempt something like this.

haha i wish it were that easy suu
hmmmm maybe it is...

i used to do some custom auto work so hopefully i can pull this off. more pics as it unfolds. even if it is horrible haha

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heres a few more pics guys. now i just gotta convince the wife to take me to get all the auto body supplies..

i think this will turn out ok after put in fiberglass and smoothed out with a little plastic filler

and heres how i get around the garage haha

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
cant wait to see where this goes, good luck man.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
all you need now is a suicide shifter!!!!

heal up quick!

and get the fiberglass to that!! just go and buy it, its easier to beg for forgiveness then it is to ask for permission!!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
is your car a standard? HAHA looks like a left foot to me.

jk.

I know what its like to have to ask for a ride, 6 weeks one time (back surgery) and 3 weeks another (shoulder surgery)x2.....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it sure is, dont worry i will find a way haha

shes already telling me to leave it alone theres nothing wrong with it so dont mess with it.

shes awesome though im sure she will take me so hopefully tom i will have more pics up

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Have the exhaust come up thru the tail! Like the Ducs! Soooo sexy imo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My question is, is the fiberglass going to be able to flex enough like the standard tail to fit on? Or will it break? Sorry if I am skeptical but even the standard tail worries me at points.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My question is, is the fiberglass going to be able to flex enough like the standard tail to fit on? Or will it break? Sorry if I am skeptical but even the standard tail worries me at points.

yea i know what you mean, i thought about this, i know there are fibeglass tails and such just have to keep my fingers crossed it doesnt crack.

if it does crack and not work no big deal, im still having fun just with all the fab, not like i have a whole lot to do.

and as far as the exhaust are u saying like an udertail type mod or actually modding the pipes?

thanks for the input guys keep it coming

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sick doesnt do it for me. that would be disgusting!!!!!!!

ill look into it in the future right now my welder is back in texas

awesome idea though i've actually never seen that set up.

·
Premium Member
3,017 Posts
Considering track fairings are all fiberglass, I think it will be fine.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the wife drove but didn't want to get out of the car
Had the guy at oriely's carrying all my supplies around the store for me haha told y'all I'd find a way

Covered with the fglass matting about to lay the first layer of glass on

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.