Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lowered my bike about and inch and now im nervous of leaving the bike on its kick stand....

unless the ground is flat when i put my bike it doesnt lean too much and almost looks like its standing straight which makes it more vulnerable to tilt and fall.....can i cut or trim the kick stand a little?????

·
Registered
405 Posts
bend it. take a strong pole underneath it a put an angle in it. most bent kickstands i've seen r bent with the angle going outwards so the upper part of the kickstand is more parallel to the ground. or u could take it to a metal works shop and have them cut off a piece.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
if you bend it though.. it will stick out further when in the up position and could cause either a pant cuff or a shoelace to get caught on it..

i would just shop around and buy a shorter one.. im sure that you can find one, or find one off from a shorter bike that you can just put on the RR

·
Registered
932 Posts
Whatever...don't listen to those jokers. Just lay it on its side...that is what frame sliders are for :shock: . J/K...I agree with cbrkid11...cut it or just buy anotherone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i replaced the rear shock on my bike and it pushed the tail end of hte bike up making it sit higher and thus the kickstand wasn't long enough. it had a SEVERE lean when on the sidestand. i got it cut and welded a 1 1/8th inch of cast iron in it. i could only find one guy in town that would work on cast iron and it came out to like $35 total for the work. pretty cheap. im not sure what the sidestand is made out of on the 600rr's but getting a sidestand cut/rewelded isnt' a huge deal.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you spent the money to lower it just buy a shorter one. Than you will be hassel free. Bending is not the answer.

·
Registered
242 Posts
hayden600RR said:
If you spent the money to lower it just buy a shorter one. Than you will be hassel free. Bending is not the answer.
Agreed, there's already a good amount of force on that tiny stand, and bending it would weaken the metal, making it more likely that it will break, or just keep on bending when your bike is resting on it! Buy a shorter one :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts