Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders I am going to cut the undertail exuaulst off my cbr600rr (07) I want it to come out the side going to get a shorty pipe. Then ganna get a 1000 tail put on it..cooooll right.? Anywase whare should I cut it. Is it before the bulb ( you know the ball shape muffler under the foot pegs. ) should I cut it before that bulb or cut the whole bulb off ? ??

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Why cut it off when it will simply unbolt from the cat (the "bulb" that you are referring to)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Why cut it off when it will simply unbolt from the cat (the "bulb" that you are referring to)
Because saying you're going to "cut it" sounds far more badass....... :)

But honestly it's already turning up at that point; if you're going for an low pipe you'd probably want to exit before the upswing.

Mike

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
Have you tried the clicking the search button here on the forum? I know jack about side exit exhausts on the RR but guess what.... There's a wealth of info about it here. Took me 1 minute mate, seriously.

An example or two to get you going.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=285160

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=288434

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=248588&page=4

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=173987

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=223847

Hey, would you believe it? The search function actually works! Sigh...

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
If the on-site search doesn't give you the results you were hoping for, use Google's tools. Search for "site:600rr.net searchstuff".

Google will return only results for content on 600rr.net.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to those who sent links. Very helpful also to the dude who said unbolt it where the bulb thing is. Cool. And as far as googling I tried to many ar changing ives with out precise awnser. The dude who said unbolt it is smart. Quick awnser is the best awnser. Thanks to all mates... time for a motha puking beerrrr.. 420-24-7

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Most helpful awnser you are the winner of a chicken dinner with his majestic majesty of dubi. I appreciate your input and time for clicking buttons

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,909 Posts
Its not as simple as you think it is.

You need to get the pipe you want to use and measure it up and fit it. You will probably need a welder as well

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,731 Posts
Youll have to cut your headers no way around it. Go to my build thread ive done the mod wibbly is doing it. Youll probably need a kawi or r6 slip on depending on the pipe and sound that u want

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Don't mind the attitude master but hey let a "thief" help you out...
I'd start by measuring the diameter of the heades system, I'm taking about the 4-2-1. Once you found out lmk.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not as simple as you think it is.

You need to get the pipe you want to use and measure it up and fit it. You will probably need a welder as well
Just found a welder from criegs list I also found a shorty exuaulst on ebay, I figure I cut whare the bulb is and have dude weld it with it sticking out, I also got on its way from ebay 1000rr tail +tail light+ tail seat its going to be awsome just wonder if shorty exualst will do the trick I will document this whole project in a month

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This guy should do the trick , hey guys do you think I can disassemble the whole exualst system, (take it apart? Is it going to be a bitcch to take off? When I get the whole pipe off then what should I cut the bulb thing or stick the exuaulst right ontop of the bulb whare it disconnects?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Project fun, I just dont want to suffer getting the bulky stock exualst out, do I got to take off the tail section? I got to take it all of then drive it to a welder , I can drive it with out an exualst and pipe right?? Or should I have a welder come to my house, I figure I can take it to him save me $$$ I figure he will charge me. 80 bucks or so..

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think of how lighter the bike will be and how beautiful it will look.. am I missing anything guys?? I got the seat the tail the exuaulst the welder, am I missing something ealse..?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Project fun, I just dont want to suffer getting the bulky stock exualst out, do I got to take off the tail section? When ripping out the exuaulst pipe, eventually I want to take off the seat and tail section later on when its time to change the tail look but I got to take it to welder, I can drive it with out an exualst and pipe??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts