Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome DIY thread. What kind of rivets did you put in? I hear that Aluminum ones can get too hot and melt? Is that true? I like the tail light - I'm planning on a tripage kit

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
The rivets I used were stainless steel and it was just a CA light

Thanks for the comments

On the saw make sure and use a diamond blade, it didnt fray the carbon fiber at all

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok I gotta ask,I have been looking at this for a while now and just cant bring myself to cutting up the CF pipe. It looks like I might be able to get a inch or maybe more by cutting the metal pipe itself where it connect into the factoy pipe. I would be much comfortable doing this. Any thoughts guys,has anyone else considered this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice Job

Getting my 2Bros this week, already thinking about chopping it off. Awesome job and really appreciate all the detailed info, keep up the nice work. Beutiful bike too !

·
Registered
58 Posts
Searched for this thread so Thanks to OP!! this is exactly what I am looking for.

I plan on doing this next week. Good question on here; seems like cutting the mid pipe would be easier and looks like you might get an inch. Has anyone tried that?

Any issues with the light getting brown after cutting to this length? I have the TST IT so that is the main reason to cut it down is for that visibility.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Like the ws6. Heres my old ws6 i had to sell due to college. Ended up with 375hp 390tq na and 550hp 590tq sprayed. 11.2 135mph. With the stock injectors and 10bolt. O and a 11sec qrt with a 2.3 60ft. People who tuned my ws6 said with injectors and a new rear it would of been capable of low 10s but i didnt have the $ for a 9" or 12 bolt rear.....

Man makes me miss that damn thing best and fastest thing i ever owned.

We have the same taste i had a 00 ws6 black on black with over 500hp and i have a black and red 600rr. Best bike and car ever.

·
Registered
338 Posts
tail light seems to be fine
how is the tail light holding up? its not discolored or melted at all is it? i will be doing this in about a month and if that's the case then ill end up angling the cut on the pipe so it lowers it an inch or so..

and one more thing.. the excess baffle that was cut off, did you throw it away or stuff it back in the pipe? or is that even possible to stuff it without it just bunching up at the end where you made the cut? maybe that will quiet it down a hair? maybe not, just curious lol

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hey, This thread is very helpful. I was considering getting a Vance and Hinds CS One SS exhaust. They don't make it in CF. I was wondering if I would be able to do it to this exhaust without too much trouble. http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/sport/honda/34503

Here is the link for it.
you'd have to look at the inside and see if its uniform the whole way to cut it down. if it flares out to the two tips its going to be a challenge

·
Registered
493 Posts
So i finally got around to doing this to my bike. I used a miter saw instead of a small cutting wheel. It had the large carbon disc on it for cutting metals. I just took the end off, laid it down, & cut where I felt was right. Cut it two or 3 times(didn't wanna take too much off). Turned out great, and holy crap, cleaned up the back end of the bike so much. I'll post pix eventually.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome thanks Suzuka Joe. I believe the can is uniform all the way down I am ordering it tomorrow and it should be here either the end of this week or the begining of next week if it is uniform all the way down I am deff. going to do this before I install it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
to all whom hace done this, do u guys have any problem with the tip of the exhaust being to hot near the tail light?
still awaiting the answer to this question?! still wondering if it discolors the taillight (IT) or if there is any melting going on.

would like to know before i do mine here in a month or two.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
It will not effect our taillight. You still have to wash your taillight. Failure to do this will result in carbon discoloration to the lens of any light with the tip being so close.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your bike is an '08 but I have a '09 with the same setup and mine don't stick out nearly as much. It don't look too bad on my bike so I'm not going to chop it. Here are some pics.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts