Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just got a new bike and I was letting it warm up today I notice that if I blip the throttle it seems to cut out for maybe a half an rpm or so then go back to revving as normal. I raised the idling speed to just over 1.5k and it didn't do that. It has velocity stacks and a K&N air filter. Any ideas? Oh 1/4 turn throttle but I don't that has anything to do with since it changes when I change the rpm's.

·
Registered
156 Posts
so I just got a new bike and I was letting it warm up today I notice that if I blip the throttle it seems to cut out for maybe a half an rpm or so then go back to revving as normal. I raised the idling speed to just over 1.5k and it didn't do that. It has velocity stacks and a K&N air filter. Any ideas? Oh 1/4 turn throttle but I don't that has anything to do with since it changes when I change the rpm's.

You say it was while you were letting it warm up--was it just starting to warm up, or was it already over 100 degrees?

Both my Honda and my kawasaki do that when i first start the bikes up. Once they get past the 100 degree mark its fine.

I forget what the manual says for the idle speed, but I thought it was at 12 or 1300 RPM. boosting it to 1500 wont do anything bad, but you might want to clean out the injectors and check the plugs.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Your bike is normal let it warm up on its own once its at the optimum temp
the idle will adjust itself all on its own

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
If your not happy with the Fuel Injection.. since you have mod. your V-Stacks and filter, you may want to consider a Power Comander, to clean up the throttle abruptness.

It may help not just what you are refering to but through out the RPM's.

And down the road as you do more mods.. ie (System or Slip-on) you can always change the map or dyno tune it to get the most power.

Just an option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts