Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 5'7" and always on tippy toes when I have both legs down. I thought about adjusting the springs...but that would just compromise the bike's performance. Another option is the seat. It already looks pretty thin, and my butt kindda hurts on long rides. Anyone think it's a good idea to take some of the foam away from the seat?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am only 5'7" also, and @ a stop light i usuallly only try putting one foot down and the other on the peg. I don't think that taking some padding (the tiny bit that is there) off the seat would be a good idea. laterz,Shawn300zTT

·
Registered
89 Posts
There's no padding in the seat really to shave down unless you really wanna hate life riding it. Im 5'7'' and I can flat foot 1 foot fine as long as I do the little ass shift hehe.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Get used to left foot down, right foot on brake. Shift into first prior to each stop and hold the clutch in.

Learn to pivot the bike on the side stand so you don't have to back up.

The bike should have the sag set to about 35mm front and rear. You can go higher for the street.

I run 34psi front and 36psi rear which gives better grip, a better ride, and makes the bike a bit lower too.

Otherwise, you could consider a lower link like http://www.adjustmenttech.com

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't recommend having the cluth in when you are in a stop light~ wears down the mechanism. I use the right leg down, left foot on the peg, and brake with the front brake if you need to. I'm 5'6''

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
BackStreet said:
I run 34psi front and 36psi rear which gives better grip, a better ride, and makes the bike a bit lower too.

Otherwise, you could consider a lower link like http://www.adjustmenttech.com
How does that pressure setting give better grip and and lower bike? I run 31 front and 29 rear as per instructions from my tire dealer (pirelli). and believe me my pressures are not way low, we road race on that pressure as max unless it is really cold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts