Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know I work at Cycle Gear in Edison NJ. However this is a sale for all Cycle Gears

July 3rd we are having a Club Appreciation after hours sale. 7-9pm. Invitation only.
10% off the entire store, not including sale merchandise. 25% off oil and oil filters.
You will need valid club membership ID. CCS,WERA,AFM, AMA , HRCA.
Stop by and get an invitation.

The store closes at 7 for all normal customers and from 7-9 customers that have valid club membership cards and an invitation can shop for the above discounts. You can pick up an invitation from any cycle gear.

You must have a valid club membership card and an invitation to shop.

Thanks, Hector

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody expecting to go

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Crap on it...my HRCA membership is out 7/01/07. I'd like to buy a Dainese jacket from Cycle Gear...no way I'm paying their retail price on it though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much does it cost to renew??

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats not that bad. If you could renew in time you could still save alot on the jacket

·
Registered
421 Posts
I talked to my manager tonight... she said most likely they wont be checking anything so just go with a bunch of people and you should be fine!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I geuss i should have waited a few more days to get my jacket. too late now!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I asked my manager too and he said he is gonna have one of us check at the door

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Pffft.. 10%? Ripoff still, come on guys.. For example markup on tires is RIDICULOUS. The retail on qualifiers is 180+, cost is around 105 depending on dealer.

Jackets? Even after taxes I saved $220 on my A* Leather Jacket because the markup is so crazy.

Yes I know the drill, you have to make money..

I'm not a big fan of Cycle Gear because you guys sell squid mohawks now.

And again you will say if the market is there it's smart to have it, you have to make money.

While you are at it quit selling Icon squid-ready sleeveless textile jackets.

Again, same answer as above.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Markup on tires is NOT that much, and its not on helmets either! Not to mention, a qualifier cost $140 for a 180 at cycle gear... not $180+ and cost is NOT $105. If you dont like it, start your own store and sell everything at cost and make no money at all. Yes markup is crazy, but PLEASE tell me what its not crazy on... you think you payed exactly the amount of money it took to build your bike? HAHA your ******* nuts if you think that! What about your car? Your house? All the food you eat? What about the clothes on your back?

If we are going to stop selling Icon stuff and the mohawks, we should just get Suzuki to stop selling bikes to squids, and stop selling import cars cause of ricers. What you said is the most STUPID thing in the WORLD that I have ever read. There is more intelligence in the movie Beerfest than there was in your post.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
cycle gear just sent me an email about 20% off on all clearance items on july 4th

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still think going to cycle gear is better than some other stores

·
Registered
24 Posts
As some of you know I work at Cycle Gear in Edison NJ. However this is a sale for all Cycle Gears

July 3rd we are having a Club Appreciation after hours sale. 7-9pm. Invitation only.
10% off the entire store, not including sale merchandise. 25% off oil and oil filters.
You will need valid club membership ID. CCS,WERA,AFM, AMA , HRCA.
Stop by and get an invitation.

The store closes at 7 for all normal customers and from 7-9 customers that have valid club membership cards and an invitation can shop for the above discounts. You can pick up an invitation from any cycle gear.

You must have a valid club membership card and an invitation to shop.

Thanks, Hector

you always have employees, overhead, ect...you can usually get shiat cheaper on the internet (ebay) because there is no payout. no one's gonna open a store and not expect to make money.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you always have employees, overhead, ect...you can usually get shiat cheaper on the internet (ebay) because there is no payout. no one's gonna open a store and not expect to make money.
I agree you usually cant beat internet prices

·
Registered
10 Posts
Markup on tires is NOT that much, and its not on helmets either! Not to mention, a qualifier cost $140 for a 180 at cycle gear... not $180+ and cost is NOT $105. If you dont like it, start your own store and sell everything at cost and make no money at all. Yes markup is crazy, but PLEASE tell me what its not crazy on... you think you payed exactly the amount of money it took to build your bike? HAHA your ******* nuts if you think that! What about your car? Your house? All the food you eat? What about the clothes on your back?

If we are going to stop selling Icon stuff and the mohawks, we should just get Suzuki to stop selling bikes to squids, and stop selling import cars cause of ricers. What you said is the most STUPID thing in the WORLD that I have ever read. There is more intelligence in the movie Beerfest than there was in your post.

Gee, Easy, now.

You do what u gotta do to make a living. For the rest of us want to save a buck or two, there is always a google to find the real price. But again, it is always nice to have a B&M store to try things on and smell the leather, so to speak. I always found myself paid rip-off price just because the sales girls made me light-headed. :icon_lol:

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
i buy **** at cycle gear but if i can get it cheaper elswhere, well then i get it elswhere.... no brainer to me if you shop around!

i still go to my local cycle gear store, there is some cool ppl there and yes, you can get some stuff at a good price

:book1:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts