Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good deal?

cool story bro

edit: note, never put a bike on a front stand before the rear stand!
Was just wondering about that cause I'm planning on ordering this since I have the same rear stand and would like the front to go with. Read up on that though. Curious how this front stand works though does it do the spool method like the pit bull stands? Cause the rear trackside stand just slides under and goes up.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
No, front stands are typically not spooled or bike specific (some racebike stands would be, probably.)

Front stands basically have a little 'L' shaped pad/lifter that cradles the underside of the fork boots on either side. You fit them on either side, then push the front end up. Allows you to do a lot of wheel maintenance, but to do anything to the forks you'd need a triple tree stand. (it holds up the bike from the lower triple.) I'd say this is a good deal at 44 as long as it's not janky.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Gotcha, would it be worth it? I mean in terms of use. How often do you need to lift the front end. Like I wouldn't mind raising both wheels for storage over the winter but I don't know if I can manage to do that with my garage set up right now anyways. I guess how often would I need to raise the front end for maintenance and such.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I would say yes. There's lot of stuff you can do, or do more easily when you have the bike on a front and rear stand. Basically pays for itself the first time you're able to pull your wheels yourself and save on a tire change by bringing only the wheels in.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would say yes. There's lot of stuff you can do, or do more easily when you have the bike on a front and rear stand. Basically pays for itself the first time you're able to pull your wheels yourself and save on a tire change by bringing only the wheels in.
Not a bad point. Either way I've been wanting one and for 44 bucks why not. Will have it's uses eventually I'm sure.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The good thing about a lot of motorcycle tools and such, is that they keep their value; you can sell them for close to what you paid for them, because stuff like that doesn't really get 'used up'.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Gotcha, would it be worth it? I mean in terms of use. How often do you need to lift the front end. Like I wouldn't mind raising both wheels for storage over the winter but I don't know if I can manage to do that with my garage set up right now anyways. I guess how often would I need to raise the front end for maintenance and such.
I use mine all the time

tire warmers, tires/pads change, oil change

i bought my pitbull used and i am sure it will hold the same value when i sell it.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
stands are one of the best thing i invested for my bike...a must for anyone who works on their bike..but get a rear and front. if you can only afford one at the moment, then get the rear.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the trackside rear and it is one of the best things Ive bought for the bike. Just saw that they are on sale again and I'm going back to get the front. Well worth the 45$$$$

·
Registered
376 Posts
My buddy just bought the front and rear stands today from Cycle Gear. They work on his single sided Ducati 1198 as long as you have the spoils on the rim & the single swing arm.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts