Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Cycle Options Trackday

627 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  luv2ride 
#1 ·
I went to the Cycle Options trackday at Putnam Park on the 24th, it was pretty cool, there wasn't alot of control riders, that was a little different. The passing rules were very leaniant (sp) the only real rule was no passing on the inside for the "slow" group. I was having some real fun turning some pretty good laps, until the 2nd session after lunch, I was going into turn 9 and couldn't get it to hook up good (tires might have been cold still), I realized I wasn't going to make the curve, so I stood it up, started to break hard and ran it into the grass, I let off the breaks thought I was doing ok, when the bike spit me off. I am no sure why, I landed on my back, and hit my head pretty hard (saw stars for a sec.) I laid there for a few seconds did my little self check everything felt fine. I stood up and afelt my collarbone give some, I said to myself, "self, you just broke your collarbone". I went to the hospital got some x-rays, sure enough it is broke in 3 places. So here I am sitting here hitting the Lortab, with a "brace" on typing all this with one hand. I really would like to thank the cornerworkers, EMT's, riders and everyone else that helped me, everyone was a real help. My bike is pretty good from what I can tell, will have to replace the front fairing and headlights forsure, but I will have my dealership give it a look over and make sure, I have all winter to get that done(I have my F4 I can still ride on the road if need be). Other then that everything went good.

See less See more
#3 ·
Which group were you in? I saw a few 600rrs, guess one of them was you. Except for the first 2 laps of the 1st session, I couldn't really tell there were any control riders on Sat. they really let us roll.

Good job on the 3rd place in the carts.

#5 ·
I knew ya'll were out there, just wasn't a huge presents, I liked it. Most of the green shirts were pitted right next to me, I think I remember your bike. I was the guy they brought back to my pitts in the AMBO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.