Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
515 Posts
RK Chain Breaker/Press-Fit and Breaker Tool [Add $99.99]

Motorex Racing Chain Lube [Add $7.00]

When checking one out. I selected chain break without the chain lube and it wouldn't let me check out. Gave me the error # Please complete the "extra-chainlube" field below. Wouldn't check out until I selected both.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
thanks dee something else ididnt but now think i do need hahahahh
Put the mouse down and step away from the keyboard. . .remember. . .friends don't let friends go on the net drunk. LOL :wav:

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RK Chain Breaker/Press-Fit and Breaker Tool [Add $99.99]

Motorex Racing Chain Lube [Add $7.00]

When checking one out. I selected chain break without the chain lube and it wouldn't let me check out. Gave me the error # Please complete the "extra-chainlube" field below. Wouldn't check out until I selected both.
Damn good catch...we will fix this.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i have no idea what to get. i know i want to do the 520 conversion for the performance boost, but i don't know about the sizes and which size to get....

i wanted to get the renthal one tho...

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A good setup is -1/+2...or a 15T front and in your case (08 RR) a 44T rear. That will give you good low end response, and wont sacrafice your top speed too much. This is the setup I have on my 05RR.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a stock 05 600RR drivetrain setup (sprk/chain). I use it to go to work mainly (80miles round trip) with the once in awhile weekend ride. I'm in need (badly) for a replacement chain. However, best interest shows that its wise to replace the sprockets at the same time. Should I stick with stock gearing or not? What would the jump in rpm be? What is a good quality brand sprocket and chain? How soon could you have it at my door (Oxnard, CA). Hate to be pushy but I have a ride to a bike show up in Santa Maria this Saturday and need a day or two for a shop to install it. I could probably make the trip up on my current chain but I dont want to be on the side of the road with a broken one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts