Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching 2 Wheel tuesday lastnight and the said that the GSXR600 is the best 600 for 2004. How is this possible when the 600RR has the best handling and the i think the fastest in the quartermile. Who won title in 2003? Let's hear some non bias replies.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Of course...its the only "all new" 600 out there this year. These motorag comparos are such bullsh#t. I seriously hope no one is placing too much faith in them or you will find yourself very dissatisfied with whatever your current mount is year after year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My opinion is, all 600's are so close that a majority of the riders couldn't tell the difference of .02 seconds in the quarter. Also the reality is most of us don't keep them stock, so if you want better acceleration then change the gearing. If you want a quicker turn in, then drop the forks in the triple clamps or raise the rear ride height.(penske/Ohlins). The guys writing the articles in Sport rider etc.. are giving only opinions. They use the track times with all the 600s and decide which one is the best off of that?? They are almost all within 1 second of each other. Anyone who has been to the track realizes that if you can keep your laptimes within a second consistently then you are really good. So all these comparos of 600 boils down to rider opinion.

V

·
0 Posts
My opinion is, all 600's are so close that a majority of the riders couldn't tell the difference of .02 seconds in the quarter. Also the reality is most of us don't keep them stock, so if you want better acceleration then change the gearing. If you want a quicker turn in, then drop the forks in the triple clamps or raise the rear ride height.(penske/Ohlins). The guys writing the articles in Sport rider etc.. are giving only opinions. They use the track times with all the 600s and decide which one is the best off of that?? They are almost all within 1 second of each other. Anyone who has been to the track realizes that if you can keep your laptimes within a second consistently then you are really good. So all these comparos of 600 boils down to rider opinion.
+1... everyone is a winner ;)

;-) :roll: ;-)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what i thought. Evwnthough i am new to this bike thing i did my research and i saw how close the 6's were. I was just puzzled on how they deemed the GSXR the "Best 6"

·
Registered
812 Posts
I loved the 600RR from the moment I saw it.

I love to ride it. I love to look at it. I love to take care of it. I love to mod it.

Don't let some dip sh!t tell you your bike is no good. :evil:

·
Registered
194 Posts
You pay the magazine enough advert dollars and you get the better rating....Its the way...thats why european magazines are are better informed than american ones...."Its all about the benjamins here"...why do u think in world supersport u cant touch the CBR600rr...because its handsdown the best engineered 600....have u seen a 600rr blow its engine while racing???? Not yet for me...but i have seen the others blow up while racing.....Pieces of sh&t if u ask me...there is a reason ur the CBR'S cost more its called quality

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
All the 600 are about the same, I think its a personal opion. Sure there are minor things that make one better than the other, ya buy whatcha like.

Jason

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I don't care what they think, I love the 600RR. Hands down to it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
well, the bikes may handle and ride very differently and this isn't so much shown in lap times by and expert rider. you should buy a bike for its handling charaistics first... cause i don't know about you, but have you ever rode an R6? scary! they just fall over into the turns and scare the crap out of you. how can a novice rider improve on that thing.
or second, since they are so close and you might not care about lap times, by it cause you like it. thats what will make you happy anyway.

·
Registered
236 Posts
They are all better than most of us so what's it matter? The RR looks soooooooooo much better. That and the fact that the local Honda shop give great service are why I bought the RR.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man..have you guys not seen the latest Superbike...er....one of those British rags? They print a super-test and pick the damn gix 6 second out of ten bikes! They love it..claim the brakes are the best ever....easy to ride fast...picked it over the 750 and 1000! Only the new R1 was better....and picked the 600RR last out ten bikes!!!!!

The British can :blow: me!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
OMG... Some of you are a bunch of crying haterz. [flamesuit on] :razz:

You pay the magazine enough advert dollars and you get the better rating....
LMAO!!! C'mon, you honestly think Suzuki is slipping the Cycleworld editors goodies? Oh yeah, I know, they do that 'ol "money in the handshake" deal.

Some of you got the same attitude that I do... The latest & greatest 600's are really too close to compare which one is "the best" & it boils down to rider ability & personal preference.

·
Registered
392 Posts
great, just another thing to give my buddy with the '04 gixxer a bigger head :roll:

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
My cousin got a brand new 04 GSXR and its nice. I had a chance to get any 600 I wanted and picked the RR.

It's all what ya like.

Jason

1 - 20 of 44 Posts