Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any hard info on the gains of the D&D setup? I like the look but am not sure on the gains, since nobody has posted any numkbers on this one. The Carbon slipon is like $800, so I'd rather see something on this first if possible.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts

Jason

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that on their site, but 109 is kind of high for a stock 600RR from what I've been seeing on here. The gains down low are very nice according to the graph though. I also was curious about a FULL D&D setup, which I haven't seen anything on at all. Did you not dyno yours after the install? I've seen a few guys with the D&D on the site in the last day or so, where are the #'s guys??

·
7,847 Posts

^but that is with stacks and a PC3.

Jason

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the D&D sound, but I am a little sad to see the angle of the pipes on the 05 + bikes so far off. It doesn't follow the bike lines at all. It was between D&D nd the carbon RS5, now I'm leaning to the RS5 more. I hear Akrapovic has a new setup similar to the RS5 carbon system. I really do not want to buy a few exhaust systems and swap them around until I get the one I like. I guess I'll just waint on this a bit longer.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is D&D not going to produce a different setup for the 05+ bikes? I thoght I was hearing that rumor. Any info?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
They said it's because it's designed to work with the heat shield. Someone here posted a picture of it with the heat shield still on and it doesn't look as bad. If you really like the pipe, you can get the midpipe bent so it sits up higher.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was there not a heat sheild on the 03-04's? I thought it was a frame issue on the 05+? Just asking for my own clarification.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The heat shield on the 03/04 is different than the 05/06 that's why the exhaust hangs lower. When you remove the heat shield it exagerates it and the D&D seems worse than some of the others. Here are the heat shields. I guess it's actually not the heat shield, but the fender that gets in the way.

03/04

05/06

·
7,847 Posts
Here it is on my 04.

Jason

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Visitor Q said:
Here it is on my 04.

Jason
See now I hate you for real! ;-)

The 05-06 RR's just do not have the same flow with the rear cowl. I'm not sure that bending the pipe is the answer either. Bending it to work my comprimise the flow enough to effect power, then again maybe not. I emailed D&D to get all the info from them I could. I'll pass the info on as soon as I get it from them.

·
7,847 Posts
All I know is I love the exhaust on my bike. I love the sound and the looks!

No complaints.

Jason

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To: [email protected]
Subject: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:07:51 -0400
Hello,
I am writing to inquire about the D&D twin setup for the 600RR. I
have seen it on an 03-04 600RR and loved the look as well as the
sound. I have only seen pictures of one that was installed on an 05-
06 bike. The fit was not the same. The pipes came out much lower and
much more parallel to the ground, not following the rear cowl. I
noticed on your web site that there is not a listing for an 05-06
RR,so I am assuming the 05+ bike I saw used an 03-04 pipe. I was also
hoping to find out if in fact there is a 05-06 specific pipe, if a
full system was available? This is the way I really wanted to go. I
think the look is unbeatable on the 03's. I appreciate any and all
information about the 2005 Honda CBR 600RR exhaust.

Sincerely,
Don

From D&D Exhaust D&D Exhaust <[email protected]> Sent Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:29 amTo [email protected] Cc [email protected] Bcc Subject RE: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR/dlemmond

We carry a slip on for the CBR600RR 05-06.

Part no: 493-41A blk ceramic alum $735.00

493-41B Blk Cer Blk Satin $792.00

493-41C Blk cer Carbon $963.00

493-41T Blk Cer Titanium $1003.00

And shipping is required on each system. These pipes are twin set under the seat

Mark, Tech service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
[sarcasm]thank you mark from tech service, you have a firm grasp on the obvious![/sarcasm] you answered nothing besides providing us with model numbers for an exhaust we already new existed for the 05-06... I would reply to the email with "can you please answer the rest of my questions" I thought the whole purpose of your first email was to see if it is supposed to sit that low, or if they are redesigning it, etc.

·
7,847 Posts
WOW Mark, thanks for nothing. Give D&D a call, I think they have a 800 number on there site. Ask for someone other than Mark. ;)

Jason

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
slab42 said:
[sarcasm]thank you mark from tech service, you have a firm grasp on the obvious![/sarcasm] you answered nothing besides providing us with model numbers for an exhaust we already new existed for the 05-06... I would reply to the email with "can you please answer the rest of my questions" I thought the whole purpose of your first email was to see if it is supposed to sit that low, or if they are redesigning it, etc.

I am glad I was not the only one that felt his response seemed somewhat generic and lacking in total information. I will post the response I get from D&D as to the "rest of the concerns I had" if and when I get a response. I am not very certain that asking for pics to lay all concerns to rest would be recieved well.

The few things that could be concluded from his response might be

1. They do not have a full system available, or even in the works for that matter.
2. The dodge of the placement of the cans must be as I had described, since no correction to my question about them running parallel to the ground, as opposed to parallel to the rear cowl, was given.
3. This a pretty standard "form letter" that gets sent to all parties inquiring about this setup.
4. Their customer service is a bit lacking in the "details" department.

To the unknowing person, it may not look very good for D&D. Like I said, the above things are MAYBES. I'll wait to see if they can respond with more complete information, and I will gladly post that here as well.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i thin it looks hot, and sounds awesome, i used to have a srt-4 3" tbe no cats no muffler and it was loud!!! but it sounded MEAN! so to me id have a loud can... just dont like how they look on my 06 :-(

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you buy the 05-06 specific pipe? Did it's part # match one D&D emailed me with?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Latest message sent.

Sent Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:50 pm
To D&D Exhaust D&D Exhaust <[email protected]>
Cc
Bcc
Subject Re: RE: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR/dlemmond
I'm glad that there is a slip on available. However, I am really
concerned that I'll pay close to $1000.00 for a slip on and have it
look horrible on the bike. My real concern was that it should follow
the line of the rear cowl. If you have any links to the newer pipe or
pics it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From D&D Exhaust D&D Exhaust <[email protected]>
Sent Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:07 am
To [email protected]
Cc [email protected]
Bcc
Subject Re: RE: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR/dlemmond

they will look like the set 460-41 that are shown on our web site at www.danddexhaust.com

Mark, Tech Services
WWW.DANDDEXHAUST.COM
[email protected]
Sales: 817-834-8961
Fax: 817-831-4260
Tech Service: 817-834-0996

Which makes me really curious why I've seen pics on here of guys that had the D&D that was hanging down pretty far from the rear cowl. Did those guys go with the 04 pipe and try to make it fit??

1 - 20 of 82 Posts