Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be a DOT approved part, does it just have to meet DOT standards or does that individual product have to be proven DOT?

Reason I ask is I'm putting together a case for my bar end mirror, since it meets the CA requirement of "a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle", but did not come with anything saying specificially that it was DOT approved.

·
Registered
736 Posts
why do you want barend mirrors what is wrong with the view of elbow during your ride? and i would put my money on the whole assembly being dot approved not each component. good luck

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
why dont you first check to make sure that there actually IS a DOT requirement for the mirror itself, instead of just the vehicle code requirements you are meeting by having one left side mirror?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think the base requires DOT mirrors. I cant find out if the CRG blindside mirror is DOT

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
yes, but if the bike is not required to have DOT *mirrors* by VC, then it wont have them as OEM. theres potentially a basis for your arguement if the manufacturer isnt required to do DOT for the mirrors.

It was just an idea since I've never heard about DOT approved mirrors...

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I am not sure about mirrors but I know lens must be stamped with DOT right on it for them to be DOT approved.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts