Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

D-Rings or Buckles?

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty simple, what's everyone's favorite method of securing their headgear?

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
what helmets have buckles? i think i've only seen d rings, wouldnt a buckle be less safe and comfortable?

·
Registered
799 Posts
D-Ring... it's all I know and trust(speeking from experience).

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
dude , no question about it
d~rings
they are the only way to go!!

never had a problem , and anyone who says they are hard to do hasnt been riding long enough!

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
d-ring. they might be old school but they are the most reliable method their is. I've crash tested several helmets on dirt and the d-ring keep the helmet where it belongs so that counts for something in my book.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright, well i guess 'buckles are for p*ssies' wins by a landslide. i have one on my helmet now because the helmet was a grad present from dad, and he put it on there without my input. i just experimented with it and the d-rings are better even though they take way longer. i'll probably get used to working em though. hell, after i get a better helmet i might put the buckle back on the old one for people that wanna ride bitch.

·
Registered
586 Posts
DAMN! I can't believe so many of you are old school. D-Rings? Wow, cave man. :)

I can't imagine wearing a helmet without an Echo quick release. I never buy a helmet without getting one of these. It takes me literally less than a second to put on or take off my chin strap. My son uses them on his BMX racing helmets too.

$9-$10 at local cycle shop, like $7 online.

You can search, buy here are a couple references.

http://cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=ECHO

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/193/9933/ITEM/Vega-Echo-Quick-Release-Clips.aspx

They are absolutely bad *ss, and according to the company web site exceed chinstrap testing requirements of D.O.T. 218 ,SNELL (M2005) and N.I.J. 0104.02.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i didnt even know some helmets had buckles instead of d rings
my dad bought a pair in the late 80s that came with them stock, however, they sell ones at the cycle shop that you can snap onto the straps. Mine was like 7 or 9 bucks.

I do prefer the fit of the d-rings better, much more comfy.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
...d... ...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts