Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 616 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Or so I hope. Quick story. This is my 1st bike. Finally after 8 years I made it happen. Iv always been a car guy. Work, Eat, Sleep and marry cars. (My wife used to do auto body that's where I met her 6 years ago) But Iv always wanted to get a bike. I knew I was to young and would do damage to myself or others so I kept putting it off + the boss said NO. After we got married June this year She told me I could get one so I did haha.
I bought it a two months ago. It is almost spotless got small paint cracks on the tank from what iv no idea. The guy owned it since 2008 and only put 2000 miles on it he never rode it. just had it sitting in his garage. So i buy it. I didn't get it at a bargain but i don't mind cause its the color I wanted. I had been looking months and it was the cleanest I came across. It just felt right.

Mods done so far:
Zero Gravity screen,
Frame sliders and spools,
Two bros exhaust,
Flush sides,
Plate relocated
Painted rear hugger
and Rear seat cowl.

Other bits:
Pit bull stands,
Cycle shed,
Padded CBR jacket.

Wishlist:
Lid (As the one i have is a friends)
Shorten Exhaust (seen thread on here I like it hope to do it this weekend)
Powder coat rims and few other small bits
Gloves (Still looking)
Asv levers
Fender eliminator
IT, Not decided yet!!
Wing shadow's
Hid lights or white lights
radiator protector
Rim tape

Now a few pictures

Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can read gear reviews...my comment was mainly getting at buy a helmet because it fits well not because you like the paint job.

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That goes with out saying. But I plan on buying new so I should be able to buy my size in it or is it not like that? Other reasons I like it, iv seen good reviews. And other things like the double visor & Air Comfort integrated pump for inflating cheeks. Not just the paint. Even tho I do like the paint.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice looking bike, I've always been a fan of the clean white/black scheme. As far as an IT goes, I have a Tripage IT and fender eliminator and am very pleased, but sounds like TST maked a nice product as well, probably can't go wrong with either. That helmet looks sweet, heard a lot of good things about Shark, never owned one. Any helmet you get make sure it is Snell approved and fits your head right. Looking forward to updates on the bike bro!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
So today after reading http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=132357&highlight=cut+two+bro I had my mind made up that I was going to do this for two reasons. 1st I am getting an IT soon so it would help with clearance, 2nd its a way cleaner look. I also removed the heat shield. I like the look better without it.
Before

After

It needs a cleaning will get to that soon. I have all winter ahead of me.

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the bike! Chose the fastest color :) On a diff note, care to share the deets on the cycle shed?
Nice looking bike, I've always been a fan of the clean white/black scheme. As far as an IT goes, I have a Tripage IT and fender eliminator and am very pleased, but sounds like TST maked a nice product as well, probably can't go wrong with either. That helmet looks sweet, heard a lot of good things about Shark, never owned one. Any helmet you get make sure it is Snell approved and fits your head right. Looking forward to updates on the bike bro!

Thanks guys ill keep it updated as I go.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Looks good so far. White has always been one of my fav color schemes. I tried to get one when I picked up my bike but I couldn't find any good condition ones at a reasonable price and went with something a bit more common.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
D1stylz----- Clear your PM's your full...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
DUDE you have my bike and my stands WHAT is that tent thing I WANT ONE !!!!!! PLEASE Brand name model whatever i can get even a link would be nice

please and thank you oh and congrats on the bike take it easy in it for a while

OK Im a presumptuous poop head who posts with out reading cycle shell is getting my money ASAP NICE NICE NICE NICE

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
DUDE you have my bike and my stands WHAT is that tent thing I WANT ONE !!!!!! PLEASE Brand name model whatever i can get even a link would be nice

please and thank you oh and congrats on the bike take it easy in it for a while

OK Im a presumptuous poop head who posts with out reading cycle shell is getting my money ASAP NICE NICE NICE NICE
No worries.

Here a picture of your bike from today Haha

·
BOTM Winner 03/14
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This weekend I took advantage of Tripages Black Friday deal. I wish I had more money saved. I'd b getting more sent out but for now I'm sending him my Rear sets and rear pegs to get powder coated flat black and getting led's put in pegs. Plus getting his IT. After reading all about T and having a few messages back and forth I'm more than happy to deal with him.

1 - 20 of 616 Posts