1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I wouldn't go putting the cheapest chain you can find on a high powered sportsbike, but hat is just me. If it snaps and takes out your engine case you saved 80 on the chain and will spend 1-3k fixing it all. I would stick with ek, did, rk and only their best chains due to the hp your bike puts out and the abuse these chains see. That's just me though.

I've never understood buying one of the best performance vehicles on the market then slapping the cheapest and worst stuff on it. Drivetrain, safety gear, tires, and brakes are area's I wouldn't skimp on. Again, just my .02 though.

·
Registered
369 Posts
that's an O-ring chain. that chain is going to stretch like a mofo. our bikes come out of the factory with X-ring chains. i would recommend the RK 525XSO. you can get them on ebay for about $86. i wouldn't go any cheaper than that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i wouldn't go putting the cheapest chain you can find on a high powered sportsbike, but hat is just me. If it snaps and takes out your engine case you saved 80 on the chain and will spend 1-3k fixing it all. I would stick with ek, did, rk and only their best chains due to the hp your bike puts out and the abuse these chains see. That's just me though.

I've never understood buying one of the best performance vehicles on the market then slapping the cheapest and worst stuff on it. Drivetrain, safety gear, tires, and brakes are area's i wouldn't skimp on. Again, just my .02 though.
:+1: .....

D

·
0 Posts
that's an O-ring chain. that chain is going to stretch like a mofo. our bikes come out of the factory with X-ring chains. i would recommend the RK 525XSO. you can get them on ebay for about $86. i wouldn't go any cheaper than that.
An o-ring chain will not stretch more then an X-ring chain, or a Z-ring, or a Y-ring, or a w-ring.

X-ring chains just hold onto lube better since they have recesses for the lube to stay in, unlike o-ring chains.

Kudos for not knowing a damn thing about chains and giving "advice" though.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wouldn't go putting the cheapest chain you can find on a high powered sportsbike, but hat is just me. If it snaps and takes out your engine case you saved 80 on the chain and will spend 1-3k fixing it all. I would stick with ek, did, rk and only their best chains due to the hp your bike puts out and the abuse these chains see. That's just me though.

I've never understood buying one of the best performance vehicles on the market then slapping the cheapest and worst stuff on it. Drivetrain, safety gear, tires, and brakes are area's I wouldn't skimp on. Again, just my .02 though.

+1 they're very knowledgeable!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
oring, and xring have nothing to do with how much a chain stretches

it does have to do with the performance, and friction levels of the chain

its the metal alloys used that cause the stretching.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
reading the description it sounds like the chain has a good tensile strength. i doubt its going to break on you but i would bet that its going to stretch pretty fast and you'll be back to needing another chain before you know it. its probably going to be more beneficial to just spend the money for a ek, rk, or did..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts