Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Have you or would you daily drive your bike?

• Yes

Votes: 75 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys opinions on it.

Bout to get a bike and sell my car to do so.

Id be daily driving the bike but i have a van for terrible riding days

Just some input on if you guys have ever or would ever do it>?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just wondering what you guys opinions on it.

Bout to get a bike and sell my car to do so.

Id be daily driving the bike but i have a van for terrible riding days

Just some input on if you guys have ever or would ever do it>?
where are you located?

if your in an area where you dont get snow then id daily a bike. just get a rain suit for the crappy days. i do it with no complaints.

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
i daily drive on sunny days... i never ride in the rain... and I feel a car (van in your case) is still 100% necessary (for things like going golfing, mountain biking, anything where you have to tote stuff arround)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I commute to work everyday unless its raining, or I have to go to a project site, then I use the truck. But I would def recommend keeping something to haul stuff with and have for bad weather.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes

Would definitely love to use the bike as a daily commuter, but like everyone else has stated it's more practical to keep a cage nearby just in case. Even if your friends are the greatest, they will soon get tired of you always asking to borrow their car/truck.

·
Registered
857 Posts
ive had to ride daily before, i mean rain and everything. it takes all the fun out of going for a ride just to ride. in face when i had to ride daily that was the only time i ever took the bike out.

·
Registered
588 Posts
In MA it's not possible, hoping to eventually move to socal and I might sell my car but I'd still probably pick up a cheap beater. Do you guys have zip cars or w/e where you live? That'd be a good alternative

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Living in Canada makes it kinda hard to ride year round... but when there's no snow on the ground and I don't need groceries/large-ish items I ride the bike almost exclusively, rain or shine. Only time I don't take the bike is if it's a torrential down poor, light/medium rain doesn't bother me as my riding gear keeps almost all of it out...

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
You shouldn't worry, I do 110 commuting miles per week. The bike can handle it better than you can, trust me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
weather permitting i would much rather ride my bike than a car, lol. doesnt even compare.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Done it

Yes I have done it. Since you have a van Im not sure that really even counts.

I sold my Jeep in February 2008 in Ohio after I bought another Ninja. Rode it in light snow in Ohio. When the snow was realy deep kr when there was ice I rode a Trek bicycle. I bought a Civic a month later. I wouldn't recommend having no other transportation other than a motorcycle to anyone, but since you have a van it's fine. Riding everywhere all the time is sweet if you have a tank bag, but when it's your only option there are times you can't do things...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nope. Used to commute 360 miles a week (rode 6 days a week). It wasn't bad at all, but when I started having to leave for work at 530 in the morning, the last thing I wanted to do was strap on gear and ride. It's much nicer to get into my car, half asleep and have a heater/air conditioner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ride everyday to work 25 miles there, 25 miles back rain or shine. It sucks when its 30 degrees and raining and i have to put all those damn clothes and gear, put a rain suit on, and then wear a back pack with dry clothes and shoes just in case water leaks in. But its always fun b/c when the sun does come back out i can take all that damn gear back off and just cruise.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I ride 110 miles a day, so yes. But I also do have my cage, which I bought well before I bought a bike in this country.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Once teh weather is good here from the winter and my back is good I ride as often as possible to work. My cage is fun to drive also so I do not mind a raining or colder day using it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i live next to wash dc and ride year round. i have been through rain, snow, sleet, hail and single degree temps. it all depends on where you live and how much of a nut job you are. i havent had a car since october 08 (when i got my bike) i think this spring ima buy a beater truck so i dont gottta ride through ice and so i can get a dedicated stunt bike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts