Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another gear review were they come in lsat or at the bottom.

And they always want 3x's more for thier gear.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jesus Christ, that is so old! I remember license2ill used to post that all over the place.

Besides, there is only so much faith I put into tests done on dummies.

·
Registered
986 Posts
This is for a two piece suit....and how do we know how accurate the test dummy's are?....and I don't even see a MONZA two piece on their site? Also in the article it even says it performed well in the crash test...seems like they aren't too happy that the seams came undone.

http://www.dainese.be/en/moto/suits2/index.htm

·
Registered
986 Posts
Only reason I'm defending them...is because they seem to be the domanant suit in MotoGP...If I were pro I'd want the best.

Edit: ....err I meant to include this in above post but I'm at work and have to rush when typing...have to actually work when I'm at work, can't surf the net all day.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have 3 crashes on my Dainese NitroGP and it's held up like a champ. I wouldn't buy anything else except maybe an Alpinestars.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang,didnt realize it was that old. Sorry...

Man the A*'s busted up badly....

I had A few seam failures in my Joe rocket suit when i fell

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
vizsladog said:

other than the seams, did the rest of the suit hold up ok? (im hoping on getting a JR very soon)

·
Banned
317 Posts
vizsladog said:

Sounds like it was a pretty simple low-speed fall too, from the Gixxer rider's report he "slid for about 30 feet. It was more of an impact tumble fall than a slide".

The article clearly shows the date at the bottom, and is still very relevant, not like it was 5-10 years ago, just last year. Gotta love the comments above though, there was no room for bias, it was strictly scientific tests that the scores were derived from, not dummy results or faith. The posters above may want to re-read it for clarity.

·
Registered
865 Posts
if you dont like dainese gear, dont buy it. but there is a reason why it cost more and why its worn by the best in the world. honestly, it is the best gear ive ever worn from a fit, feel, and protection standpoint.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
LegendaryAcs said:
if you dont like dainese gear, dont buy it. but there is a reason why it cost more and why its worn by the best in the world. honestly, it is the best gear ive ever worn from a fit, feel, and protection standpoint.

ummm...never said i would or wouldnt buy it.
Just posting a pic i found.

As far as being worn by the best in the world,if you mean racers in Major championships they GET PAID to wear it. And alot of the times it's very different from what you and I can buy.

As far as club racing goes it's not very common to see it becasue of the price factor. Not many Club racers an afford to smash $1000 + leathers.

Companys like Komodo are getting VERY popular with club racers as are others when price is considered.

I guess JR suit held up ok.

The Leather wore all the way through to the hard armour.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
so thats why squids have louis vuitton seats on their bikes! cuz its the best and holds the best! LOLZ ROFL COPTER!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
But a test dummy can't tell you that he is getting hot, or his nads are bunching....
Looks like they based the test from just crash results over their price.
No comfort comparison or small functional stuff/features like removable inner liner, stretch panels/vents or pockets.

My JR GPX 2 piece held up pretty fine for 40mph sliding/tumbling/rolling.
But for under $600 for a leather suit...I think it held up fine.
Still using it since the only thing wrong is some color fading.

The ONLY seam I found to that really needed repair...

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
The durabilty of the leathers also can be blamed on how you take care of it, what angle you landed on and a gang of other vairables, tests on something like that can go either way.

·
Banned
317 Posts
BiGxbOix510 said:
But a test dummy can't tell you that he is getting hot, or his nads are bunching....
Looks like they based the test from just crash results over their price.
No comfort comparison or small functional stuff/features like removable inner liner, stretch panels/vents or pockets.
If you read the article, they did compare comfort issues with a test rider, but it wasn't considered in the results because it is subjective. The actual crash test dummy demos weren't considered either becaue they don't consider all of the variables of a crash that the lab tests of forces covers in a much greater range.

They had good things to say about the comfort of both Astars and Dainese, but considering the comfort of more protective options that cost less, it's a non-issue. Here's what they had to say about the winning suit, which is a custom, so at that point it's going to have a much better chance of being more comfortable and fitting properly too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts