Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Old A* or the new one?
You can check STG, or Cyclesector to see which one has the best deal.

P.S. Jason(STG) hooked me up on new A* boots. He has the best deal around and the shipping is really fast.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
The old smx+'s are fantastic boots... The new ones really aren't any better , just different.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Phil at JCmotors has been really good to me on Dainese gear. (Am i allowed to mention non dot.net vendors?) Anyways good prices and shipping and he's put up with me changing my mind twice!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Yes, exactly the same, but new one doesn't squeak. :nana:

P.S. I was joking dude, don't take it seriously.

a little WD40 solves the squeeking problem for about a month before you need to re-spray.

I can take a joke - didn't see what your post read before you edited it though LOL :ciao:

·
Registered
607 Posts
a little WD40 solves the squeeking problem for about a month before you need to re-spray.

I can take a joke - didn't see what your post read before you edited it though LOL :ciao:
I know. Hahaha I was like "this needs joke inserted".
I don't know about the old model, but the new one I got is really comfortable, I can walk in the boots like I walk in normal sneaker, seriously. The fabric or material used inside is far better and softer than what used in Sidi Cobra and Vertigo. Protection is good. I can't compare it to other boots since I have only a few pairs of low end boots.

·
Registered
607 Posts
A boot that has a similar plasticized spine is the older Oxtar RX EVO. These pop up on CL and ebay now and then for very cheap. I love mine, they are a great deal. (oxtar became TCX recently.)
Yah, New TCX S-race's protection system is definitely solid. It's the budget high-end race boot. While A*, Sidi and Dainese sell their high end boots for 400-500, TCX sells there high end only 340. Comfort level in TCX S-Race is a bit less than A* Supertech R high-end boots if What Jason(STG) said was true.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A little late probably, but out of those two, I'd recommend the A*'s over the TRQ's. I had a set of the TRQ race out and for the price difference, didn't have any real advantages over the A* plus. The TRQ's don't squeak though if that matters any.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.