Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about moving to Suburbs of Dallas (Mckinney) Texas. Is it a good area for bikes(twisties)? Any tracks close by? I know that Texas is mostly flat, but I gotta ask. Thanks

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
im in dallas and yes there is all kinds of roads here but you have to ride about 50 miles outside of dallas to find some awsome twistes. lots of country roads to ride outside of dallas. Highway 80 i think ill find out if thats it. Also the toll roads here are great smooth roads.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Twisties.... um not so much... but Tracks... There is Motorsport Ranch in Cresson(Granbury) and then Eagles Canyon in Sanger and Texas World in College Station. Cresson is an hour or two away, Eagles Canyon is probably an hour away and College Station is where Texas A&M University is which is about 3 hours away.

http://www.motorsportranch.com/
http://www.eaglescanyon.com/php/welcome.php
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

Also check out http://www.cmraracing.com/
i hear there is a track in denton thats new. I have yet to check it out but ill keep you posted. and in sanger highway 80 is awsome for twisties. Im pretty sure its 80 i cant really remember i was in a group ride. once i find out for sure ill post the roads.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THank you all for the great info. This will make my decision a bit easier on the move.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
dont ride in the city!!! you will get ran over!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
i hear there is a track in denton thats new. I have yet to check it out but ill keep you posted. and in sanger highway 80 is awsome for twisties. Im pretty sure its 80 i cant really remember i was in a group ride. once i find out for sure ill post the roads.
Eagles Canyon is the new track. Some people said it was in Denton, but they were wrong.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was there last summer (plano). I don't know where you come from but it is hot as hell during summer and it is really flat :( Like all have said there are tracks but the roads were all constructed so a 10yr old could drive them (straight and slow).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know trucks are big there in Texas but is it that bad?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Its really not that bad to ride around here! Just have to know where to ride and some roads do suck! But if you really want to ride some good rodes, might have to make a trip out of it! Little Rock, AK is only about 6 hours and there are some DAMN GOOD mountain rodes to ride up there. Many people go quite often.

As far as the surface not being done at Eagles Canyon i have heard nothing about that??? There have been a few track days out there I thought already.

·
Registered
266 Posts
They're still working on getting the final top layer - check out their construction progress update link. The whole thing is paved, they just don't have the surface of it done.

As far as the surface not being done at Eagles Canyon i have heard nothing about that??? There have been a few track days out there I thought already.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I used to live there for two years. Good roads are an hour away and you have to know where they are. Cresson is the closest track, Becareful on cresson the surface is incrediably slippy if the slightest bit moist. I used to go everyweek in the the car.

Eagle'scanyon only just got built I'd didn't have the oppertunity to do that, but it looks like a great track. Also TWS is a lot of fun.. hurtling down the banked straight into that first corner takes some courage or stupidity which ever you have helps. As said stay away from the populated area's I've driven all over this country and I think DFW has the worst drivers. I have a reconstructed knee thanks to one lady and her multitasking.

I hope you can find some riding budies out there. I knew a couple of guys, but most loved to race round the freeway loop which I thought was pretty retarded, but hey it's not my country.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Its really not that bad to ride around here! Just have to know where to ride and some roads do suck! But if you really want to ride some good rodes, might have to make a trip out of it! Little Rock, AK is only about 6 hours and there are some DAMN GOOD mountain rodes to ride up there. Many people go quite often.

little rock eh. i might have to make that trip. i would love to ride some montain roads. thanks for the heads up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts