Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just recently bought this 2008 CBR600RR with only 4,000 miles on it and this is the ONLY...the only thing I could find bad on this thing, not even some rust. My question isssss...is this possible to repair...whether personally or in a shop or will I just have to paint over it and deal with it?

Thanks

View attachment 58746

View attachment 58754

·
Registered
231 Posts
well you can replace that cover. You can get some after market ones or just the OEM one. I dont think its too hard to do, but you have to drain some fluids first...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only about $120 in parts to replace it. Make sure they use Hondabond HT and not Hondabond 4 as a liquid gasket. Wait until you need an oil change since it has to get drained during the job to replace the cover.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Nothing that bubble gum, band aids, spit can't fix!

Like the rest of the peeps said, you canz replace it! I did mine not too hard of a yob to do.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i had the same thing from the previous owner. i just painted over it. took a while to try and blend a paint mixture to look right.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
well you can replace that cover. You can get some after market ones or just the OEM one. I dont think its too hard to do, but you have to drain some fluids first...
I understand that I can replace the cap but what about the damage the is not on the cap around the outside!?! I don't see any part of that which can be replaced.
It's called the clutch cover and yes, for like $120 and a half hour of you time during the next oil change can be replaced.

Look at the exploded view on a micro fiche say at Ron Ayers or some place like that and you'll see.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I understand that I can replace the cap but what about the damage the is not on the cap around the outside!?! I don't see any part of that which can be replaced.
You'll have to replace te complete cover... Clutch + timing ispection cover... and you are good to go...

Still, I would just put a protecting case over it...

R&G... for example ... or even aftermarket Carbon fibre cover...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts