Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was recently in an accident and totaled the bike, (well insurance totaled it, its really all cosmetic) I need to get a new lower fork tube on the right side maybe a new radiator (more on that in a sec) and some rearsets as well as some new plastics (probably chinese (suggestions?) to save some money at this point!)

Anyways what I'm wondering for all you experienced motor heads, is do you think i should replace the dented radiator or should i run with it. I don't want to cause any serious engine damage, but if the radiator that i have will work i don't think i need to spend the money.

Radiator side.jpg

Radiator Side 2.jpg

Those are the pics i took of the damage, the fins are all fine, and it seems as though the dents would not constrict the coolant flow, but I'm no expert so what do you think?

P.S. Also look forward to some OEM 08 Red/Black Plastics to be up for sale soon!

Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
It doesn't look that bad but the pics aren't all that clear either.

How about you run with it and see if the temperature is erratic or above normal compared to your usual. Also keep your eyes on the classifieds, bikes get parted out all the time and radiators are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
would not use it.

the clearances on these bikes is really tight, it may not fit in your new bodywork.

it will, sooner or later, begin leaking.

it is a fundamental part of your bike, and I would replace it.

take it to a radiator repair shop and get their Opinion?

·
Registered
129 Posts
P.S. Also look forward to some OEM 08 Red/Black Plastics to be up for sale soon!

I have a set of aftermarkets that I got from ABS Fairings, the fitment was amazing on my 08'. If you're looking for a decent set, PM me. very light scuff on the right boomerang. As for the radiator, you can probably find one decently cheap from a part out. Sorry to hear about the bike bud

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

I have a set of aftermarkets that I got from ABS Fairings, the fitment was amazing on my 08'. If you're looking for a decent set, PM me. very light scuff on the right boomerang. As for the radiator, you can probably find one decently cheap from a part out. Sorry to hear about the bike bud
Mods, are we going to let this go on? Dudes been post whoring old threads the past three days trying to get enough of them to post his stuff for sale (obviously) and is now posting his items he's selling here.

Shitty thing to do, man.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts