Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I solved all my battery problems with my 1.5 amp battery charger/maintainer--it would fire up right away. Anyhow, when I rode it out for a little bit and brought it back home, it wouldn't restart anymore. No "clicking" noise like it would sometimes get. I tried to get it tested before charging it at AutoZone but they salesman said he wouldn't do it because it would damage the battery; is that true? Anyway, new battery needed or whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Or is it stator? Shoot! Caca PooPoo!

TJ

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
RR RN said:
So I thought I solved all my battery problems with my 1.5 amp battery charger/maintainer--it would fire up right away. Anyhow, when I rode it out for a little bit and brought it back home, it wouldn't restart anymore. No "clicking" noise like it would sometimes get. I tried to get it tested before charging it at AutoZone but they salesman said he wouldn't do it because it would damage the battery; is that true? Anyway, new battery needed or whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Or is it stator? Shoot! Caca PooPoo!

TJ
Try another store that sales man is a dumb monkey get it tested first cause you might end up buying a new battery for nothing

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I tried starting my bike again last night. It wouldn't fire up when in gear, but would immediately do so when in neutral. Does this happen when you change the rearsets to GP shift? But I guess it's not the battery afterall and the battery companion is doin it's job

TJ

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The bike will not start while its in gear regardless of the shifting style GP or Regular
reason SAFETY just like if the kick stand is down and you put the bike in gear it will
shut off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
moeman said:
The bike will not start while its in gear regardless of the shifting style GP or Regular
reason SAFETY just like if the kick stand is down and you put the bike in gear it will
shut off
Really? I remember being able to restart the bikes when in gear, often when stalling, as long as the clutch lever was pulled in. Oh well, it's all good so long as the Mo-Fo starts and I can ride.

peace

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Safety Neutral switch. <----- You need to check this. Make sure the wires are connected by the clutch lever and down by the shifter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts