Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jardine chrome rt1 and i decided to use exhaust paint and paint it.. it looked nice till it dried up it wasnt even a cool looking matte black color it looked like stupid bbq cheap paint.. whatever i put 6 coats on just to make sure it doesnt crack and because i already screwed myself. wow. 1 week of it sitting there, it looks worse and worse.

i NEED HELP.

SHOULD I USE SANDING PAPER AND SAND DOWN MY EXHAUST? i really really dont wanna SCRATCH AND SCRAPE IT UP leaving streaks and line marks from sand paper..

is there a way to remove this paint? its the VHT HIGH TEMP PAINT

i just want it to be chrome and shiny again...

im so tempted to use sand paper and just scrub it but i have a big feeling that it will leave a bunch of scratches and streches of scrapes..

i need to know how to remove paint and wash it so it can be shiny again..or after having the paint removed somehow. need to know how to make it chrome and shiny..
i dunno
i am such an idiot someone help me :spank: -- btw this is the just the slipon part

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
omg, really? LOL yet ANOTHER person who thought spray painting exhaust was a good idea? jesus.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i shud do paint thinner? or just grab that sand paper and scrub the heck out of it!?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:fock:
omg, really? LOL yet ANOTHER person who thought spray painting exhaust was a good idea? jesus.

yea. lol ive come across your posts many times and i hardly ever see u post anything positive or being helpful in such ways. well yeah i tried it out and yes ill be the guinea pig on this one. everyone here seems to be very helpful and hopefully u learn a thing or two. u may be an old timer on this forum but for a new timer like me ur not making anything feel welcoming. i dont need a hug. i dont need ur advice. lol just stop posting on my threads lol. im sure u must recieve very unpleasant private messages haha..:fyou:

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
Do whatever you want. It is already jacked up so I wouldn't worry about it. I personally would just send it out to get PC'ed and let them sand blast that hoe first.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
:fock:

yea. lol ive come across your posts many times and i hardly ever see u post anything positive or being helpful in such ways. well yeah i tried it out and yes ill be the guinea pig on this one. everyone here seems to be very helpful and hopefully u learn a thing or two. u may be an old timer on this forum but for a new timer like me ur not making anything feel welcoming. i dont need a hug. i dont need ur advice. lol just stop posting on my threads lol. im sure u must recieve very unpleasant private messages haha..:fyou:

nope, sure dont

do you know why?

because after i point out the errors of peoples ways, and then they think about it, they realize i am right

we just had a "argument" about if spray painting is a good idea for parts

it NEVER is, it will NEVER hold up like powder coating,

it WILL allways crack, peel, or be other wise screwed up, many times worse than any other, all though far more expensive options

spray paint is cheap for a reason

BECAUSE ITS A CHEAP, A CRAPPY SOLUTION

·
Registered
46 Posts
try rafity remover spray it on and wipe as much paint off as you can repeat a couple of times.idk if itll hurt the mufflers finish tho....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol wtf did u point out? ur initial post was 'Originally Posted by tenjin
'

lol yeah u pointed out something real special. why the hell do u think i started this thread, what a loser. dont talk to me and stop respoinding to my posts. theres probably thousands and thousands on users on dot net. i like every single one of them except for u. what a little smart ass.

dude whenever u see a thread or posting following cbr604 just leave it alonoe and ill leave u alone. i hate dealing with people like u in this world and im a pretty tolerant person im pretty chill with everyone but ive read the crap u write. why are u here? to show everyone at dotnet ur better than them? so when people post up there mistakes and ask for solutions ur way of proving a point was saying "i told u so" unless u have done and made every mistake then just stfu. now bugger off u clown. many people may like u which i cant pull myself to imagine that, and many people may not like u. ill tell u on at the top of the ranks when it comes to not liking u so jsut leave me a lone lol.

wow ur pretty smart for realizing its cheap. have u done it urself? no? okay. let someone who did spray paint tell his story. oh really its cheap? yeah why do u think there is a thread about it? wow u can read? cool story bro.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BY THE WAY!! -----> in case u didnt read my thread about "appreciation about DOT.net" u should!

and once again. THANKS EVERYONE AND all the new and FAMILIAR names that always respond so quick and always reponding with helpful and useful tips. i appreciate much of ur help. THANKS to u all!

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
'

lol yeah u pointed out something real special. why the hell do u think i started this thread, what a loser. dont talk to me and stop respoinding to my posts. theres probably thousands and thousands on users on dot net. i like every single one of them except for u. what a little smart ass.

dude whenever u see a thread or posting following cbr604 just leave it alonoe and ill leave u alone. i hate dealing with people like u in this world and im a pretty tolerant person im pretty chill with everyone but ive read the crap u write. why are u here? to show everyone at dotnet ur better than them? so when people post up there mistakes and ask for solutions ur way of proving a point was saying "i told u so" unless u have done and made every mistake then just stfu. now bugger off u clown. many people may like u which i cant pull myself to imagine that, and many people may not like u. ill tell u on at the top of the ranks when it comes to not liking u so jsut leave me a lone lol.

wow ur pretty smart for realizing its cheap. have u done it urself? no? okay. let someone who did spray paint tell his story. oh really its cheap? yeah why do u think there is a thread about it? wow u can read? cool story bro.

okay bro, deep breathes, deep breathes,

breathe,

and remember!!!!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
'

um, as a matter of fact, yea, i have done spray paint before,

thats WHY i know its a horrible freaking idea,
thats why i tell people this,
and thats why i laugh at people who do it

hate me all you want, im not here to win a popularity contest,

fact is, im a fairly cool cat once you get to know me, but im not going to sugar coat a damn thing so i can be the "cool guy who knows what hes talking about and is nice" that's not me, im sorry if i hurt your feelers, but, um, get over it?

·
Registered
119 Posts
lmao.. it's like why go outta your way to not make a contribution. neway let me try. you cant paint over chrome. strip it sand it clean it and it'll stick, wont be tough but it'll stick.
oh and use paint stripper to get it off. grab a can ur local parts store.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
im trying bro!!

a little insight bro, you come here with crazy ideas and they fail, you will be notified, hahahaha,

in a million responses,

and when you post its free game, anyone can through you the right answer a flame, or even hit you with one of these,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lmao.. it's like why go outta your way to not make a contribution. neway let me try. you cant paint over chrome. strip it sand it clean it and it'll stick, wont be tough but it'll stick.
oh and use paint stripper to get it off. grab a can ur local parts store.

ahaha yeah bro. im glad someone else recognized it.. and its not his first time thats forsure...

anyways thanks bro for the tips man.. ill let u know how it turns out

1 - 20 of 54 Posts