Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine who rides a GSXR came over tn and we were going out so we decided to take my car. He parked his bike next to mine in the garage, except forgot to put the kickstand down when parking and tipped it onto my bike, knocking it over and putting the first scratch in 11.5K miles on it!!

It broke one of the mid fairings, knicked the tank fairing and scratched the back of the mirrors!

Going to have his insurance see what it will cost if they replace it all or if he does it out of pocket. I feel kind of like a jerk making him replace the tank fairing cause its not a big scratch but at the same time, it was in perfect condition before hand.

Is a little scratch worth him having his insurance cover it or am i just being a jerk?

The mid fairing is broken so that def has to be replaced

·
Registered
13 Posts
No definately not I've had the same thing happen to my car I had his insurance cover it. I'd feel guilty if I was the one who did it anyway of coarse I would want you to have it fixed either way, I wouldn't consider you a jerk.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If the cheapest way to make it look like it did before he damaged it is buying a new tank, then he should feel obliged to do so.

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
that^

just cuz youre buddies doesnt give a free pass to break your sh^t IMO

if he has insurance, which he should, call em up. that is what it is there for.

besides he rides a gsxr, mb if the rates go up he wont add that chrome anything to it and you wont be self conscious when you ride with him, haha.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
go through his insurance, and NOT HIM

because when he realizes how much money he will be out, he wont want to pay, and your friend ship will be strained...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Honestly, for me it depends who out of my friends it is. I have my boys (consider them family, like brothers), my friends and acquaintances. If it's not a really good friend of mine, I'd have him fix it...and if it were a good friend of mine/boys I'm sure they would offer...which is why they are in the position they are - but I wouldn't necessarily take their money.

If it's just an acquaintance, he's getting a bill.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, He is calling his insurance today and I will request that he fixes it all. I will let him decide to do it out of pocket or through insurance though.

Thanks for the advice guys

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
waait, if he forgot to put the kickstand down, that means his bike would probably tip over to the side he got off, which means he was in between your bike and his bike, did he fall on your bike and push it down ?

please dont tell me nothing happened to the gixxer ?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His bike is an 06 and is beat up already, not sure if any damage was done cause he already had damage. And no thanks, Not a GSXR fan.

He was on the left side of the bike, wheeling it in. Went to put it down and forgot to put the kickstand down, it started tiping then pushed him over onto my bike which then tipped over the left kick stand hitting my tool box which broke the fall and caused alot less damage to the bike than would have happened if it wasnt there.

He hasnt responded to me today yet but I'm sure he will. And yes will go through his insurance as there is damage to 3 fairings and a mirror.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had a similar thing happen to my old Civic. My buddy backed over it with his Titan. Yeah, it was a mess but he paid for it out of pocket as soon as I got an estimate from the shop. He apologized for almost an entire month, too. It really just depends on the person. You'll find out how good of a friend he is when all this is over.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
His insurance should pay for it. And if it's just a mid fairing tell him stop crying his insurance won't even go up if it's under a certain amount.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
Had a similar thing happen to my old Civic. My buddy backed over it with his Titan. Yeah, it was a mess but he paid for it out of pocket as soon as I got an estimate from the shop. He apologized for almost an entire month, too. It really just depends on the person. You'll find out how good of a friend he is when all this is over.
yep this will be a good test of your freindshitp... but dont feel like a jerk no matter what happens...Its his fault and he needs to take responsibility for his actions

1 - 20 of 28 Posts