Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From MotoGP - Pedrosa: "As Always, We Will Show Teamwork"

I am unable to copy the text (since it's Flash), but Dani was interviewed regarding the Estoril situation and what will come in Valencia. In one quote, he said:

"... there are still many chances for my teammate, Nicky Hayden, to become world champion. Repsol Honda is one team and we are going to show it in Valencia, as we always do. I'll do everything I can to help him. We have a big challenge ahead, but we can make it."
There are some other great responses to the Estoril events from Dani. He's starting to regain some of my respect. Some, not all...

·
Registered
226 Posts
If Honda is unhappy they will make it known. I'm sure they had talk with him. Even if they don't care about Hayden, they still want all the negativity to go away...

·
Registered
591 Posts
blip said:
If Honda is unhappy they will make it known. I'm sure they had talk with him. Even if they don't care about Hayden, they still want all the negativity to go away...
*Sigh* You know, I never used to feel sorry for Ferrari fans but over the years after seeing Ferrari get accused of foul play and unsportsmanlike behavior for EVERYTHING I began to see that it kind of sucks being the dominant party in any sport. Save for maybe the Bulls everyone loves to hate those who dominate. No matter what HRC does people will find a way to put a negative spin on it.

Had they issued team orders? "HRC is pulling strings to steal the championship." No team orders? "HRC doesn't care about Nicky." Dani apologizes? "HRC just wanted to avoid the bad PR, they don't really care about what he did." No apology? "HRC didn't want to punish him because they're riding Repsol's nutsack."

Maybe I just need to embrace HRC as the evil empire of motorcycle racing. The "Dark Side" and all that stuff. Satoru Horiike can be the emperor, Makoto Tanaka can be Count Dooku, Nicky can be Obi-Wan, and Dani can be Darth Vader.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
G.Irish said:
*Sigh* You know, I never used to feel sorry for Ferrari fans but over the years after seeing Ferrari get accused of foul play and unsportsmanlike behavior for EVERYTHING I began to see that it kind of sucks being the dominant party in any sport. Save for maybe the Bulls everyone loves to hate those who dominate. No matter what HRC does people will find a way to put a negative spin on it.

Had they issued team orders? "HRC is pulling strings to steal the championship." No team orders? "HRC doesn't care about Nicky." Dani apologizes? "HRC just wanted to avoid the bad PR, they don't really care about what he did." No apology? "HRC didn't want to punish him because they're riding Repsol's nutsack."

Maybe I just need to embrace HRC as the evil empire of motorcycle racing. The "Dark Side" and all that stuff. Satoru Horiike can be the emperor, Makoto Tanaka can be Count Dooku, Nicky can be Obi-Wan, and Dani can be Darth Vader.
STAR WARS NERD!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
591 Posts
vizsladog said:
B.S...NIcky no Obi wan.....more like luke skywalker in Empire strikes back......
Yeah that's a better fit. Of course the characters don't match up all the way but you get the idea. I need to do a photochop...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
http://www.crash.net/news_view.asp?cid=6&id=139340

good read, Q and A too. like ah...hmm, check this out...

Q:
So, you were only thinking about victory?

Dani Pedrosa:
Yes, that's right. Alberto [Puig] and I had talked about the different possibilities and our aim was scoring 50 points in the two remaining races. Honda had given us freedom to decide and we had mathematically chances.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it was Alberto! By the way, everytime I hear Alberto, I think of the Waterboy's estranged father...

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like this line from Pedrosa: "I will be Nicky Hayden's best help in Valencia." That's what I want to hear! GO NICKY!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think it's going to be a really great race Hayden/Pedrosa vs. Rossi/Edwards. I can only hope it keeps everyone on the edge of our seats and is a battle to the end. May the best team win.

I still think Pedrosa is going to be a serious threat to the championship next year.

·
19,904 Posts
Someones gonna crash again. just watch.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now, snik, why you gotta say something like that? Why can't we just have a clean race, dude? We don't want no harm, no foul. Just a nice, head to head, team to team duel. Nothing to marr the experience, just a memorable race like Sachsenring and Mugello.

·
19,904 Posts
Im just saying regardless of what he says or does in that interview, i think hes gonna see red again liek a little bull, and go wack someone, if that doesnt happen, someone is gonna be fighting with Rossi for 1st or 2nd, and you knwo how rossi gets, just ask Gibernau, or whatever his name is... and in the fight its gonna get a little hairy like Rossi and Biaggi back in the day, and someone is gonan wreck.

WATCH AND SEE. im psychic b!tch3s, i know this

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I want Nicky to win it all. It'd be nice for a change to see someone else win a world Championship. The last one other than Rossi was who? KRJR in 2000?

·
19,904 Posts
yep, thats correct.

·
19,904 Posts
if Hayden gets 2nd infront of Rossi, Rossi will still win it right?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
snikwad said:
if Hayden gets 2nd infront of Rossi, Rossi will still win it right?
Yes by three points - which makes his "free pass under yellow" in Australia all that much more important.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts