Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

Wanted some pros/cons for the new Daytona 675. A good friend of mine is about to purchase one and I wanted to check into it for him. I really know nothing about them, but he is getting a real good deal as he works with a guy whos dad owns the shop. I started ranting off about the 600rr, but felt like a salesman. I already know hes a smart rider though he hasnnt for a few years... so lets hear it....

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
There aren't many flaws, all I see remarked on is that is turns is "almost" to fast. That seems to be the most consistant of the reviews so far, other then that its a solid bike. If your friend is smart he will gradually feel out the limits of the bike.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honestly? Every magazine to test it pretty much says its the best middle class sport on the market. Torque of a triple with the top end of a Jap sport bike?? Sounds good to me, except for the availability of parts which is one reason I "ride red."

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The suspention is the only thing i hear they need to work on, gets a bit squirelly in the hard turns. Other than that its a kick @ss bike, i love em. i REALLY wanna talk a local dealer into lettin me test ride one ...

·
Registered
200 Posts
One of my friend just bought one last week. He loves it so far, but is still on the break in period

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I seen one at a palomar a while back looks cool from the side like anyother bike but from the front in looks weird but still cool cause it really narrow, it also gives the impression that its really easy to toss around the turns.

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
i was gonna buy one, went to triumph detroit. they are sweet but theres downsides to me like it being brand new, theres virtually no parts for it and the parts that are around are super expensive. they are rare so not alot of info and forums (like this one) around. but it does look amazing.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
i read motor cyclist magazine and one guy said "The suspension was a little soft in the back, so it wagged its tail some. I think it was packing up, sitting in the bottom of the stroke. That's the only thing that held it back."

Another guy said.. "The suspension seemed unsettled and didn't react well to pavent irregularities, especiall while leaned over."

wells those are the cons. the pros are "the engine is smooth,a nd it just keeps pulliing. " and "the Brit-bike felt remarkably like a Jap machine. The front brakes were the best of this group, particularly while trail-braking. The 675 also has the greatest cornering clearance. Transition from full throttle to heavy braking was nice and stable, and downshifts were smooth without a slipper clutch. Flickability is arguable best on the 675. The ultra-narrow body, light weight , steep rake and minimal trail make for the quick transitions."

H

·
0 Posts
I saw one last week and it looks very nice. If I was looking for a new sport bike, I think I would grab one. The major problem will be parts. I had the D6 and it is really hard to find aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wanted to get one but:

The closest Triumph Dealer was an hour plus away.
Parts gonna be expensive as well as maintenance.

If i had a dealer a little closer I may have thought otherwise.

but Im happy with my RR

·
Registered
133 Posts
At my local Triumph dealer they put one on the dyno and it put down 110 stock. Pretty decent. True about parts being hard to get. However, Arrow has a full system for it that absolutely screams!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Theres a dealer that has a demo that me my dad and a friend went to test ride on yesterday.

Overall: A very, very sexy bike. Extremely narrow and light feeling (weights about the same as a rr) but more flickable. Pretty nice power band and a good strong pull through almost the whole tach. The shift lights are a nice touch (about 4 leds that light up incrimentally sp? till redline not just one at redline). The sound is unique but nice. Its sort of a high performance import car kind of sound, a little deeper than a 4 but still with a high pitch (nothing like a twin).
My only real complaints were that the rear tire would skurt when downshifting hard even with good tires and blipping the throttle, and that the throttle is extremely light and loose making it easy to acidentally goose it when hitting a bump or possibly give it too much gas while mid wheelie (at least for the unexperienced such as myself).

I didnt get to take it on any turns but from swerving from lane to lane on an open road it felt very steady and easy to control. Like I said even though the bike weights basically the same as the rr it felt much lighter and flickable. The bike actually felt a little to light in the front for my liking. As I would get on it the front tire would float and give a little shake but overall nothing serious.

In a straight I put a quick 2 bikes and a steady pull on my dad riding my 05 rr with a s/o (we weight the same...my dad isnt totally use to my bike and that was the very first time being on the 675 so the handicap I would say was about the same)

Seriously, other than the fact that parts/labor may be a little harder to come across and more expensive this bike is awesome. I am actually considering trading mine 05 rr in (seriously). I would by no means be embarrassed to sport that bike in a crowd of all jap bikes. It's sexy, unique, and precise. An aftermarket stabilizer would give me a better peace of mind, and Im sure the throttle can be adjusted.

I tell your friend go for it! Ride one if he gets an opportunity, but go for it.

Sorry if things are a little hard to read, Im tired but I hope you get the drift. lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also a few more things i forgot.

The mechanic there said that the stock ecu is totally programable. Basically the features of a power comander but stock (Im assuming).

The bike i rode had a race pipe on, very sexy sound. I didnt hear a stock one but Im sure its just as sexy, only muffled. lol

The seat is pretty comfortable. But of course anything other than an rr's is gonna feel like a lazyboy.

The stock cluster has features such as lap timers, ave mpg, top speed, ave speed, etc.

If I can think of anything else Ill post it. If you wanna know anything let me know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts