Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll be moving down to the Bay Area soon, and my mind's already filling up with the chance to do trackdays at Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill. :biggrin:

I've heard about the DB limits being pretty strict at Laguna though, so the Hyperflo exhaust I have right now probably won't cut it. Do most people here just run a stock exhaust when they track there?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
So I'll be moving down to the Bay Area soon, and my mind's already filling up with the chance to do trackdays at Laguna, Sonoma and Thunderhill. :biggrin:

I've heard about the DB limits being pretty strict at Laguna though, so the Hyperflo exhaust I have right now probably won't cut it. Do most people here just run a stock exhaust when they track there?
Yeah they're pretty strict. They have meters throughout the track and will pull you off if its an issue. I have a 2 brothers (not by choice) so I use a baffle and haven't had an issue. At Laguna pretty much anything other then stock they wont allow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have arrow headers specifically because my local track has strict sound limits (more strict than Laguna). It's pretty easy to swap the stock slip-on and I've never really noticed much difference in power.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Make me wonder about the Yoshi RS-5 since it's widely considered a quieter exhaust system

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah they're pretty strict. They have meters throughout the track and will pull you off if its an issue. I have a 2 brothers (not by choice) so I use a baffle and haven't had an issue. At Laguna pretty much anything other then stock they wont allow.
Good to know, thanks. The Hyperflos are loud even with the baffles in. I just picked up an Arrow slipon; since they're CARB legal with the baffle, I'm hoping they'll be quiet enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have arrow headers specifically because my local track has strict sound limits (more strict than Laguna). It's pretty easy to swap the stock slip-on and I've never really noticed much difference in power.
I'm surprised you can get by strict sound limits with an Arrow header. I've always assumed that removing the cat will make it louder regardless, or is that only the case with an aftermarket exhaust after the header?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make me wonder about the Yoshi RS-5 since it's widely considered a quieter exhaust system
Yeah, I looked at the Yoshi as well, particularly the EPA passed RS-5. Ended up jumping on an Arrow slipon that meets CARB requirements with the baffle in, hoping those will get it quiet enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts