Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my DDM Hid H7 lights in the mail and first thing i do i run into a problem:banghead: The spacer that the clip goes over when you install the actual light doesn't fit! does anyone know how to help?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the DDM's but I have HID's which are also H7 bulbs. Unless they totally sent you the wrong one's, maybe you have them inserted upside down?
That might be the case. but the spacer is a square and i need a more circular one to fit in the bracket.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Are you talking about the plastic part that slides onto the base of the bulb ?
As if it is used the dust cover wont fit into the head light housing
If that is the case you do not have to use that part without it you wont harm
anything i did not use it during my install

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about the plastic part that slides onto the base of the bulb ?
As if it is used the dust cover wont fit into the head light housing
If that is the case you do not have to use that part without it you wont harm
anything i did not use it during my install
that is exactly the peice im talking about. without a spacerthe bulb does mot fit securely. what year is your bike?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I got an 07 the metal base around the bulb has a lip so to speak that lip fits in a gap
in the head light housing itself then the whole asm is held in place with the OEM spring
give it a shot and post up if you got any questions

·
Registered
341 Posts
i took a pair of side cutters and trimmed three sides and it worked fine
samee! im currently in the process of installing my ddm hids aswell..\could anyone tell me for the low/hi beam wires which is positive and which is negative. bike a 06. theres a black and a black with white stripe wire going to the low light, and a black and a black with blue stripe going to the high beam..

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
The stripped wire is the + solid Black is the -

·
Registered
341 Posts
The stripped wire is the + solid Black is the -
you the man moeman:shakehand thank you very much for saving the day again!:ciao:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an '06 and I used the spacer from the stock bulb and it works perfectly. You just have to cut the plastic cylinder with the plugs for the spade slips of flush and replace the one that comes on the DDM. There is a sweet youtube video that shows the exact process here :

or just search: HID Installation CBR on youtube and its the first video.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my DDM Hid H7 lights in the mail and first thing i do i run into a problem:banghead: The spacer that the clip goes over when you install the actual light doesn't fit! does anyone know how to help?

the metal clip will not fit over the spacer. Place the HID bulb inside the headlight and attach the metal clip. the plastic spacer goes inside the rubber seal that fits inside the hole that you have to drill in the access cap. the spacer ensures that the rubber seal is tight inside the hole and it presses against the clip for extra support.

it just keeps everything tight so that moisture doesnt get inside the healight. the HID bulb is H7 so its fits under the clip without the so called spacer adapter that they show in the above video. Dont get confused by the video obove because he used a diffrent setup and spacer.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
the metal clip will not fit over the spacer. Place the HID bulb inside the headlight and attach the metal clip. the plastic spacer goes inside the rubber seal that fits inside the hole that you have to drill in the access cap. the spacer ensures that the rubber seal is tight inside the hole and it presses against the clip for extra support.

it just keeps everything tight so that moisture doesnt get inside the healight. the HID bulb is H7 so its fits under the clip without the so called spacer adapter that they show in the above video. Dont get confused by the video obove because he used a diffrent setup and spacer.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd208/gagidrmanac/IMG_7093.jpg
He is correct. It also acts as support for the bulb with the prongs that stick off of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

So its supposed to be like that? I dont need to mod it at all to fit my '06? because i think you're talking about an 07/08

1 - 14 of 14 Posts