Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

601 - 620 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
thanks for the info.i did do a search. thats how i got this page but i figured someone such as yourself could answer quiker then i could read 11 pages. thanks again

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was the first time that I took my bike apart and still managed to get my 4500k kit installed in under 2hrs all thanks to this post!

HID's make a 300% difference over the stock bulbs and wish I would have done it on day one. Absolutely love them, well worth every penny. Thank you forum discount!

·
Registered
32 Posts
This was the first time that I took my bike apart and still managed to get my 4500k kit installed in under 2hrs all thanks to this post!

HID's make a 300% difference over the stock bulbs and wish I would have done it on day one. Absolutely love them, well worth every penny. Thank you forum discount!

·
Registered
193 Posts
So a DDM 5000K H7 kit will be a nice white color and match the 3rd light on the nose.. I don't want a blue color or yellow, just pure white...

I'm looking at the site, it says $95, is that right?

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_moto_kit.html
I ordered the 4500K kit, and its a perfect match to the third eye..anything higher would be blue. Also, you need to go back and look into the $130 DUAL kit, if you want both low and high beam. That kit is a single bulb only.

FWIW, if you plan to run both as HID, know that these bulbs take some time to come up to max brightness and color when turned on. Flipping the high beam on/off will result in less output for the high for the first minute or so. Leaving the high on all the time is an option, but you will def. want to angle it down if you run that way.

In my totally subjective opinion, running the HID on my CBR versus stock on my other bike makes you much more visible. Splitting lanes in LA traffic at dusk and at night people simply seem to move out of the way a lot more with the HID-equipped bike, even though I usually run only low beam versus the two beam on the stocker bike.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So a DDM 5000K H7 kit will be a nice white color and match the 3rd light on the nose.. I don't want a blue color or yellow, just pure white...

I'm looking at the site, it says $95, is that right?

http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_moto_kit.html
I ordered the 4500K kit, and its a perfect match to the third eye..anything higher would be blue. Also, you need to go back and look into the $130 DUAL kit, if you want both low and high beam. That kit is a single bulb only.

FWIW, if you plan to run both as HID, know that these bulbs take some time to come up to max brightness and color when turned on. Flipping the high beam on/off will result in less output for the high for the first minute or so. Leaving the high on all the time is an option, but you will def. want to angle it down if you run that way.

In my totally subjective opinion, running the HID on my CBR versus stock on my other bike makes you much more visible. Splitting lanes in LA traffic at dusk and at night people simply seem to move out of the way a lot more with the HID-equipped bike, even though I usually run only low beam versus the two beam on the stocker bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great write up very easy to instal, but my high beam does not turn off. I check the polarity with the digital multi meter and ensure that blue (+) and black (-). I will lower my beam tomorrow since i finish kind of late and me and the wifey rode into town for dinner. I got all kinds of stink eye since i was bliding every one lol. Any sugestions why my switch wont turn it off? The icon on the gages actually turns off and on but the lights stay on. By the way after instal i made sure everything was run right and after putting my farings my bike wouldnt start. I looked at the technical forum after checking all the fuses and stuff and founs out about the BAS. I tought id gave it a try and sure enough I unbolt it and shuk it and sure enough i heard my fuel pump prime. Just incase it has anything to do with my high beam not turning off. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great write up very easy to instal, but my high beam does not turn off. I check the polarity with the digital multi meter and ensure that blue (+) and black (-). I will lower my beam tomorrow since i finish kind of late and me and the wifey rode into town for dinner. I got all kinds of stink eye since i was bliding every one lol. Any sugestions why my switch wont turn it off? The icon on the gages actually turns off and on but the lights stay on. By the way after instal i made sure everything was run right and after putting my farings my bike wouldnt start. I looked at the technical forum after checking all the fuses and stuff and founs out about the BAS. I tought id gave it a try and sure enough I unbolt it and shuk it and sure enough i heard my fuel pump prime. Just incase it has anything to do with my high beam not turning off. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Installed my kit yesterday. Thanx for this write-up

·
Registered
64 Posts
Installed my kit yesterday. Thanx for this write-up

·
Registered
348 Posts
during the removal process of the front fairing to install my HIID.....one of the BANK ANGLY PLUG wires popped ot...cold this be why my bike wont start?????..a loose BAS wire?

·
Registered
348 Posts
during the removal process of the front fairing to install my HIID.....one of the BANK ANGLY PLUG wires popped ot...cold this be why my bike wont start?????..a loose BAS wire?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello all, This is my first post but ive looked on here a couple times. I just bought an 08 and am going to do this conversion. Just wondering if you guys are getting the 35w or the 55w. Im guessing the 35w cause its 140shipped. But anyone using the 55w? Also i dont see a 4500k rating. Only the 4300K which im guessing is the same.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hello all, This is my first post but ive looked on here a couple times. I just bought an 08 and am going to do this conversion. Just wondering if you guys are getting the 35w or the 55w. Im guessing the 35w cause its 140shipped. But anyone using the 55w? Also i dont see a 4500k rating. Only the 4300K which im guessing is the same.

601 - 620 of 1212 Posts