761 - 780 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanks for the quick response Olivier.

·
Registered
378 Posts
thanks for the write up! just did my first mod to my brand new cbr600rr7 and WOW they are bright!

i used the exact same process you did cept i didn't order the HID's from ddm my HID's cost me 130 shipped to Canada.

i found another source that had slim ballast too and they were about 30 dollers cheaper.

question i have though is i dont have another piece of plastic that can be pushed into my rubber to make a water tight seal.

sooooo im trying to come up with something that will create a water tight seal. i have the rubber piece there but its a little loose so i have to rig something up to push into the hole, Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
378 Posts
thanks for the write up! just did my first mod to my brand new cbr600rr7 and WOW they are bright!

i used the exact same process you did cept i didn't order the HID's from ddm my HID's cost me 130 shipped to Canada.

i found another source that had slim ballast too and they were about 30 dollers cheaper.

question i have though is i dont have another piece of plastic that can be pushed into my rubber to make a water tight seal.

sooooo im trying to come up with something that will create a water tight seal. i have the rubber piece there but its a little loose so i have to rig something up to push into the hole, Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Update: Finally received my new bulbs after Oliver asked me to send them both back, Spoke to Leif at Apex Cone and asked about sending me the 5000k instead of the 4500k originally purchased he said it would be no problem, Not only that they sent me an entire new kit with ballasts and bulbs these guys rock. Thanks goes out to Oliver and the guys at Apex.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Update: Finally received my new bulbs after Oliver asked me to send them both back, Spoke to Leif at Apex Cone and asked about sending me the 5000k instead of the 4500k originally purchased he said it would be no problem, Not only that they sent me an entire new kit with ballasts and bulbs these guys rock. Thanks goes out to Oliver and the guys at Apex.

·
Registered
195 Posts
just wondering, when you guys ordered did you get a tracking number? not asking for one but just wondering if he emails those out. figured this would be faster than emailing oliver. too damm excited about getting my lights =]

·
Registered
195 Posts
just wondering, when you guys ordered did you get a tracking number? not asking for one but just wondering if he emails those out. figured this would be faster than emailing oliver. too damm excited about getting my lights =]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi,

When they ship you get a tracking number via email of course :) Seems I was the faster one :icon_lol:

Oliver

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hi,

When they ship you get a tracking number via email of course :) Seems I was the faster one :icon_lol:

Oliver

·
Registered
195 Posts
got my kit 10 min ago. everything looks good. ordered on sun, received on thurs. thanks Oliver. pics will be up this weekend. =]

thanks, C

·
Registered
195 Posts
got my kit 10 min ago. everything looks good. ordered on sun, received on thurs. thanks Oliver. pics will be up this weekend. =]

thanks, C

·
Registered
54 Posts
In regards to the 2003-2004 installation:

Just did it this evening with the DDM kit. There is only a few hang-ups.

1. Without the dust cover, I had to create another way to seal up the wires. I dismantled the stock bulb connectors, and utilized the internal female spade connectors to make a tight seal.

2. The stock retaining clips do not apply even pressure to the bulbs. This will result in them being able to rock around, causing flickering. I took the stock bulb bases (the black plastic portion) and cut off the base, notched it to allow it to fit behind the HID bulb base, and reinstalled. Perfect height for ideal retention, and no movment.

If you need help with this just PM me, and I'll walk you through it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In regards to the 2003-2004 installation:

Just did it this evening with the DDM kit. There is only a few hang-ups.

1. Without the dust cover, I had to create another way to seal up the wires. I dismantled the stock bulb connectors, and utilized the internal female spade connectors to make a tight seal.

2. The stock retaining clips do not apply even pressure to the bulbs. This will result in them being able to rock around, causing flickering. I took the stock bulb bases (the black plastic portion) and cut off the base, notched it to allow it to fit behind the HID bulb base, and reinstalled. Perfect height for ideal retention, and no movment.

If you need help with this just PM me, and I'll walk you through it.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you don't install it on the high beams, then no. If you install it on the high beams, then yes as it takes a few seconds for the HID bulbs to come up to full operating temperature and you don't want to be flicking them on/off all the time as it will burn out the bulbs.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If you don't install it on the high beams, then no. If you install it on the high beams, then yes as it takes a few seconds for the HID bulbs to come up to full operating temperature and you don't want to be flicking them on/off all the time as it will burn out the bulbs.

761 - 780 of 1212 Posts