Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you do the dual headlight mod because I have an 06 and my lows and highs dont come on at the same time, of course I haven't done the conversion to HIDs yet?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am admittedly a new-b but i have a question.

if these type of bulbs wont run on half power and therefore cannot provide (at least not this kit) a dual bulb low and high beam.

what makes the high beam brighter when it is on than the low beam?

they are both 35 watt bulbs with the same color intensity correct?

the ballasts are both the same correct?

does it have something to do with the way the lens diffuses it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hid High Beam Warm Up Time

Hey folks, just got a question regarding the original kit that was used for the write up in this thread. on the high beam, let's say you ride around with the high beam off, and when you need them on again, how's the warm up time on this kit? does it like take the usual 3 to 4 second to get to it's normal operating output?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i was thinking of switching from the 4500 to the 5000 (35W H7). does anyone know the costs of JUST THE BLUBS?

Thanks =]

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Hey folks, just got a question regarding the original kit that was used for the write up in this thread. on the high beam, let's say you ride around with the high beam off, and when you need them on again, how's the warm up time on this kit? does it like take the usual 3 to 4 second to get to it's normal operating output?
it does take some time. i usually turn it on a few seconds before i know im gonna need it. if you need it in a instant good lucky lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
has anyone had this HID on there bike for a few months or longer "years."

wanted to see if anyone has any problems with the HID kit. its because i heard that the housing will start to melt over time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Kit On The Way

got my kit on the way. i got the 5k because i couldnt find 4.5k like the write up was using. didnt want to chance it on the 4.3 because i was worried that it might start getting a hint of yellow so played it safe. cant wait to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
got my kit on the way. i got the 5k because i couldnt find 4.5k like the write up was using. didnt want to chance it on the 4.3 because i was worried that it might start getting a hint of yellow so played it safe. cant wait to get my hands on it.
+1 on that.. i have the 5k and love them. you will do and wish they came on the bike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bulb Spacer?

I bought an h7 hid kit from another vendor and before i start taking the fairings off my bike I have one question. I see from looking at my kit that i dont have that bulb spacer/beer mug looking thing. Do i need that? If someone has already asked this question i probably missed it skipping past all the 17 pages of this thread.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I bought an h7 hid kit from another vendor and before i start taking the fairings off my bike I have one question. I see from looking at my kit that i dont have that bulb spacer/beer mug looking thing. Do i need that? If someone has already asked this question i probably missed it skipping past all the 17 pages of this thread.
this thing? i think it should have came with it

·
Registered
6 Posts
R3DS2K,
Yea that's the rubber piece im inquiring about. I bought an hid kit off my toyota tacoma forum and at the last second i thought...eh why not buy a kit for my bike while im at it. its an h7 kit but when you open the package it looks exactly like the one from ddm but obviously does not have the part you pictured above. Should i just drill a 3/4 inch hole off the dust cap and hope for a really tight fit from the rubber plug where the four wires go in and out?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
R3DS2K,
Yea that's the rubber piece im inquiring about. I bought an hid kit off my toyota tacoma forum and at the last second i thought...eh why not buy a kit for my bike while im at it. its an h7 kit but when you open the package it looks exactly like the one from ddm but obviously does not have the part you pictured above. Should i just drill a 3/4 inch hole off the dust cap and hope for a really tight fit from the rubber plug where the four wires go in and out?
if you have the rubber piece but not the plastic piece that goes inside it.. i would get some silicone and silicone the rubber piece in place so water cant get in

·
Registered
28 Posts
confused

i am severely confused as to what kit to purchase. The link from the very first post goes to a sale item which is a car kit with 2 bulbs, ballasts and battery harness. It shows a 4300k for $110 and a 4300k 55w kit for $150. I'm assuming it's supposed to say 4500k and that's a typo. Someone else posted a link to the motorcycle kit for $90 and you can buy the extra ballast and bulb for $20 and the harness for $30. None of these prices match up to what anyone said they paid. Do you need the battery harness for a bike? I want to order these right now but I don't want to order the wrong stuff. Can someone clear this up for me?

·
Registered
282 Posts
i am severely confused as to what kit to purchase. The link from the very first post goes to a sale item which is a car kit with 2 bulbs, ballasts and battery harness. It shows a 4300k for $110 and a 4300k 55w kit for $150. I'm assuming it's supposed to say 4500k and that's a typo. Someone else posted a link to the motorcycle kit for $90 and you can buy the extra ballast and bulb for $20 and the harness for $30. None of these prices match up to what anyone said they paid. Do you need the battery harness for a bike? I want to order these right now but I don't want to order the wrong stuff. Can someone clear this up for me?
http://www.xenonexpert.com/ddm_600rr_sale.html

that is the link you want to use to get the HID's. That's the sale price from Oliver and the kit that I have, they work wonders. I purchases the 55w 8k cuz i wanted them brighter and that tint of blue. If you want pure white just do the 4500 or the 6k, both look good and are bright. Either way the kit comes with 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and 2 igniters.

901 - 920 of 1212 Posts