Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

921 - 940 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
i am severely confused as to what kit to purchase. The link from the very first post goes to a sale item which is a car kit with 2 bulbs, ballasts and battery harness. It shows a 4300k for $110 and a 4300k 55w kit for $150. I'm assuming it's supposed to say 4500k and that's a typo. Someone else posted a link to the motorcycle kit for $90 and you can buy the extra ballast and bulb for $20 and the harness for $30. None of these prices match up to what anyone said they paid. Do you need the battery harness for a bike? I want to order these right now but I don't want to order the wrong stuff. Can someone clear this up for me?
http://ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

this is where i got mine. u jsut need to order DDMGEN
$70.00

comes with everything you will need. 70 plus shipping and tax if it applies to your area
comes with (below) and again its all you will need to follow this DIY write up

- DDM Digital Slim ballast (2)
- HID Bulbs (2)
- Life-Time Warranty

if you order te DDM and get a Apexcone label on it. its the same thing. Apexcome makes DDM

·
Around Here They Call Me DR Write Up
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
This is always the biggest mistake about HID lights. People think that because they are brighter that they are hotter. The fact is that HIDS run much cooler than halogen. If your stock bulbs cant melt the housing your HIDs cant.

I have had mine for about a year now and have had no problems.

-Gagi

has anyone had this HID on there bike for a few months or longer "years."

wanted to see if anyone has any problems with the HID kit. its because i heard that the housing will start to melt over time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had my kit only a few weeks now and I absolutely love it! I bought the 600RR kit from zenonexpert, and have nothing but praise for them. Even with the postage all the way to me here in Australia. Big thumbs up, great product!

Jono

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the links. Ordered mine over the weekend!

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
This is always the biggest mistake about HID lights. People think that because they are brighter that they are hotter. The fact is that HIDS run much cooler than halogen. If your stock bulbs cant melt the housing your HIDs cant.

I have had mine for about a year now and have had no problems.

-Gagi

some will say 55watt racing hid kits wont melt anything but the 55 watt racing hid kits do run hotter than stock. i just dont see the need for 55watt on the streets when you can just aim the 35watt higher hehe

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just put my right side on took forever. Now my turn signal isnt working and i'm positive i plugged it back in :-(

anyways i have 8k hid's from xenon xpert and there are friggen bright.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes it did

right off this link. the VERY 1st thing on it.

http://ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

and the PRICES are dropping?????????
yeah, someone posted the link about the special pricing in the 03-06 section a few days ago. i was hesitant to buy because someone said with this kit you need to buy "xclips" to mount the bulbs. i didn't know what he meant by xclips and was wondering if it was that plastic cup with the 4 prongs that seals against the rubber cup...and if you said all is included, along with this plastic cup/4 prong thingy..i'll put in my order today.
thanks for confirming this r3ds2k...

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
yeah, someone posted the link about the special pricing in the 03-06 section a few days ago. i was hesitant to buy because someone said with this kit you need to buy "xclips" to mount the bulbs. i didn't know what he meant by xclips and was wondering if it was that plastic cup with the 4 prongs that seals against the rubber cup...and if you said all is included, along with this plastic cup/4 prong thingy..i'll put in my order today.
thanks for confirming this r3ds2k...
i dont know bout the other links and special pricings but from all the links i seen. DDMtuning got the cheapest prices for the SLIM HID Kits. thats not a special, its a sale and everyone can get it at that prices. still dont know why people are paying 110,130 shipped when i can almost get two sets (4 hid ) from dmmtuning for what they got on just a pair

it does come with a plastic cup when i got mine from ddmtuning.

whats the xclip?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Used the write-up to install mine today. Unfortunately I had to mount the ballasts on top of one another. Is it OK to do that?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
It's mounted on my 08 1KRR...There was no room on the fairings or frame so it is mounted inside the front cowl just below the cluster.
haha and i did look at your signiture but i just saw 08 and figured it was a 600.. but it should be ok on top of each other... ballast sex is always a good if they are gay haha

·
Registered
486 Posts
haha and i did look at your signiture but i just saw 08 and figured it was a 600.. but it should be ok on top of each other... ballast sex is always a good if they are gay haha
Good...They are even mounted in the 69 position :laughing5

921 - 940 of 1212 Posts