Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
but wait.. that's still 90 dollars shipped. The way i found it straight from ddm was like 60 and then 11 dollars for shipping so only like 71.. That's what im confused about.
It's not $60 from DDM anymore. Price went up and at 11$ shipping you must be close to them but we price match :wave:

Oliver

·
Registered
56 Posts
How good are these conversion kits? From what I've heard they scatter the light too much and you should really retrofit with xenon projectors. Is this true, or is it ok to just put the HID bulbs in your stock housing?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Which bolts are these that you have to take out? are these the only four that are holding the front on?

[/quote]

Here is what the front looks like when you take it off.

[/quote]

·
Registered
257 Posts
Has anyone had any trouble installing HIDs on the ABS model? I've just bought the 2010 cbr600rr c-abs and Honda is giving me some lip about how there's no space for HID ballasts because of the abs computer modules?!? Can't be right right?

@dragoljub did you have any issues with the ballasts getting too hot because its mounted so close to the radiator?

any advice will be appreciated guys! thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
One of the most common places to put the balast is on the frame rail near the headlights. Which is nowhere near where either of the two ABC modules are.

Heat from your radiator aren't going to hurt them. Been running this kit for two years now with a lot of track days and not one fault

·
Registered
257 Posts
One of the most common places to put the balast is on the frame rail near the headlights. Which is nowhere near where either of the two ABC modules are.

Heat from your radiator aren't going to hurt them. Been running this kit for two years now with a lot of track days and not one fault

thanks buddy! i knew it wasn't possible!...gonna have to attempt a DIY:) thanks once again..safe riding

·
Registered
338 Posts
Anyone know if this will void warranty? Or should I just install the HIDs and buy an extra set of dust caps and put them back on when I go get my service check? I have extended warranty and scared that I'll void my warranty if I install HIDs

·
Registered
654 Posts
Anyone know if this will void warranty? Or should I just install the HIDs and buy an extra set of dust caps and put them back on when I go get my service check? I have extended warranty and scared that I'll void my warranty if I install HIDs
It will not void your warranty unless the dealer can prove that your HID kit caused the problem that led you to have a repair. None of our customers have had issues but if you want you can put your stock bulbs back if your dealer is really stiff.

Oliver

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ddmtuning

I just ordered a hid kit for my bike 08 cbr off ddmtuning last week, and i only paid 52 bucks for everything. Dual kit 6000K super slim ballasts im excited to get them!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
dirty heads up just finished the inst of DDM's HID kit on my 09 Kit-- the fit is real nice-- similar if not the same as GAgi write-up-- the only con is the lt ballast on the lt side gets tucked under what i think is the ABS controll module-- that's maybe what your dealership was talking bout-- but you can see it some from rider position if your lookin hard enough

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey Oliver, Im an idiot and bought the wrong kit from you. And before the problem was resolved I went and ordered the correct kit. I already sent an email [email protected] this morning before I made the second purchase, and just sent you an email at [email protected] after the second order was made. Im sorry for being a moron

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hey Oliver, Im an idiot and bought the wrong kit from you. And before the problem was resolved I went and ordered the correct kit. I already sent an email [email protected] this morning before I made the second purchase, and just sent you an email at [email protected] after the second order was made. Im sorry for being a moron
No problem. Order canceled and refunded.

1141 - 1160 of 1212 Posts