Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
sooo what would happen if you got the polarity wrong? i just plugged em up and they worked so figured it was right.. Don't exactly have a multimeter anymore.
The world will end. I'm interested also, I don't have a multimeter but may have to buy one tomorrow.

·
Registered
288 Posts
And almost 3 years later I've used this "how-to" guide to install my HID setup. Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great Write up. Just installed the 5000K 55W and man are they bright. Bringing the bike out from the garage and into the heated basement made it even easier. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
good write up. cant wait to do a hid kit on my bike

·
Registered
113 Posts
This may have already been asked in this forum or another, but I can't find it. Did you change the stock fuse for your headlights or leave it the same? I got the 8000K 35w ones.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
If mine would finally ship I'd be using the hell out of this thread! Thanks for the slick write-up though. I'm sure this will come in more than handy!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
this helped me out so much today. I was able to use these spots on my 09 ABS for the install of my unique motolights kit.

Hide the ballasts on either side of the bike by using the double stick tape provided. I mounted my ballasts on the main frame under the rubber liner, and hidden beneath the radiator filler cap, and the circuit heat sink. When sticking the ballasts down make sure you apply enough pressure so they adhere properly. You will be zip tying them later for added security.
Radiator side: (Side without the kickstand)

Heart Sink Side: (Side with the kickstand)

·
Registered
92 Posts
what determines whether you get 4500k or 5000k? is it the bulb or the ballasts? could you get different bulbs and change the color of the lights?

1161 - 1180 of 1212 Posts