Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1201 - 1212 of 1212 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
You're ^^^^^ just bashing it sounds like. No problems with my DDMs in 3 years so far, and my buddy has had 1 ballast go bad after 4 years, had a new one from them in a week and a half
I'm happy for you. I'm not bashing. After 15 years selling HID, our company knows what's being used in the market. As for my opinion, it's based on the many ex-DDM customers that we have and continue to help. We even sold them at one point when they were ok...That's a few years ago and that's what you have. The newest ones are not good and we don't sell them.

Let's keep it civil and not vulgar.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Lets be clear on one thing evrey one is free to buy what ever brand of product they desire its their bike & money after all but there is no need to bash opinions or advice based on experience . If XE expresses his thoughts about DDM vs Volt or Extreme hid kit for example you can simply follow or not follow his advise he aint holding a gun on any one's head to buy this brand or that brand after all you all can buy what you want from who you want after all just remember what was said time & time again

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
i bought a new ddm kit, went from 55w to the 35watts

their new kit also cost less now.. like 50 to 60 bucks,

DDM has always work for me ,

one time a ballast was bad, the replace it.

this time my 55watt ballast went out, could had gotten a new one for free, but too much hassle sending them in, went and bought new kit .

i also have aux led lights.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread. Have a 2007, is this all I need? Seems awfully cheap. Am I missing something?

And just a final check, the 4500k will match the 3rd eye? And the 2007 is safer to run the 35W instead of the 55W?
It's awfully cheap because they use cheap parts. Think about it. They sell you something at $30 and still make a profit. They don't put quality parts in there.

Save yourself the trouble of finding this the hard way. As a forum sponsor we have a ton of customers from here and some have had that cheap kit before getting tired of it and buying a decent one.

Here's what people here buy: http://www.xenonexpert.com/volt-motorcycle-hid-conversion-kit-honda-600rr-and-1000rr/

H7 is what you need. 4300K is still whiter than the halogen bulb of the 3rd eye. I would go either 5000K and get a white LED 3rd eye. or a 6000K and get a blue LED 3rd eye.

Stick with 35W unless you want to melt your housing and one last thing. The $30 kit doesn't have anti-UV glass bulbs which will cause hazing (damage by UV light of the HID inside your headlamps). Our Volt kit will not do that.

Hope this helps!
:thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Would love a HID kit. However need the projectors to be legal, and also not blind all the other road users.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I retrofitted halo projectors and DDM 5k 35w kits in my 08 this past winter, has been one of my favorite mods. I have had DDM's in two cars and two bikes now with zero problems. No hazing, no ballasts out, no bulbs gone.

1201 - 1212 of 1212 Posts