Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i recently bought some 55w 5000k hids from ddm tuning and i am absolutely in love with them. i did a solid install, making sure everything is water tight and all that good stuff. they worked great the first 3 rides, but now evverytime, after about 5 minute the low beam side goes out. not sure why, any help is greatly appreciated :ciao:

·
Registered
431 Posts
Does it have a slim ballast? My brothers ballast was faulty and he had to get another one. It was causing his lights on one side to not turn on.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Yup happened to me too just recently. After a few ride they fail. My first set of ddm. The ballast actually has ddm imprinted into them. This second set here didn't have anything written on it. Even tho I ordered them from ddm. I think they might have changed them. I am now longer buying from them. Going to go with volt hid set

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have DDM HIDs running on my car and bike for the last 2 yrs.

Check your connections carefully with a voltmeter (before and after the ballast).

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just recently had a ballast fail in my 07 600 and for some reason the bike wouldnt even start while the bad ddm tunIng ballast was still hooked up. So I reinstalled the shitty xentech ballast that I had in my previous 600 and it started up fine. I only had the ballast in my bike a couple of months and wasnt used but maybe 15 times tops cuz I ride my 1000 a lot more so im guessing just shitty quality .

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I've had DDMs in my bike for over a year and my car for about 6 months and haven't had a single problem.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had my ddms installed for about 20 months and this just started happening if I ride for about 5 miles they come back on and stay on

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Just happened to me the other day on my bike set. This set is about 5 months old. Low beam did not turn on. By the time i came back from my ride it was working fine. This only happened once and yes, i also have slim ballasts 55W.

My car kit also has problems. I thought it was the ballast but after troubleshooting it turns out it's faulty bulbs - one of them is flickering since day 1 and i'll be returning those under warranty.

At first i was very pleased with DDM but now i'm not sure if i'll be buying their product again. Will probably try some other brand next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts