Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im closing with the insurance company Tuesday... There giving me $8,216.08 for my stolen motorcycle.. it was a 2008 CBR 600 RR Red w/ about 1,500 miles. I found a 2007 CBR 600 RR Red for $6,800 with 6,600 miles it comes with the red oem honda seat cowl.. flush mounts.. (unsure of brand) and a Fender Eliminator( also unsure of make) Akropovic exhaust, Frame Sliders, Spools, and Xenon blue lights..

the only thing is i hate the silver mid fairing so much lol and i like the red lower fairing on my old 08 too..

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Buy the 07 then get the mids painted gloss black , buy Oem red lowers
then sell the 07 Black lowers and this what the bike will look like fairings
wise

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did it cost for yours to be painted gloss back... and how much is the oem red lower?... so you guys say go for it.. my mother said i should wait for the 09 but i dont feel like paying over 10g's for a bike when i was more then happy with this style and i got a feeling there not gunna change enough on iit to wait

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I believe the paint cost me around 150.00 as far as the lowers the set
was around 260.00

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok well i think im gunna go through with it i called the guy and left a message hopefully he gets back to me and its still for sale..

well i went to college for automotive refinishing with ppg so ill be able to paint it myself... would i be able to get the honda red paint code?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
You are going to have to computer match the code the Honda red is R157
unless you buy the paint from color rite then its spot on

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
that's a good payout from the ins. company, and a good deal you've found on the the 07 with tasty trickbits already bought + installed. are the fairings messed up cuz the bikes been down or..?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No i dont think there is anything wrong with the fairings... do you guys think i should go with the 07 black or 07 red? if i get either or anyone looking for a mid fair swap?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i found a better deal.. 07 cbr600rr red 1200 miles and a yoshi slip on... what you guys think on that im driving to pick it up tommorow morning ill post pics soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts