Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the dealer swap out a front and rear for me and the scratched both my rim's :bitchslap: They service manager said they are gonna fix it but they are not going to order me new rim's. I started saving for this bike before they ever even hit the street's. I think they should replace it. What do you guy think?

V

·
0 Posts
I went and got my rear changed today and they put a few scratches on the outermost edge of the rim lip in a few places. It wasnt a big deal, but I wanted them to fix it. They just touched it up with some paint and it looks good as new.... How bad are your rims??

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I can definitely understand you wanting to get new rims but it'll probably be really hard to do. I'd probably give them the chance to fix it and see how it turns out. However, if you can tell at all(like if they do some crap touch up job) I'd definitely bitch hardcore. I'd try to take some pics of the damage, write down every conversation you have and the date of anyone involved. All in all, cover your ass and prepare for the worst if you have to go above their head. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That sucks....who do they have doing that job, a bunch monkeys or what? I hate that kind of stuff. I once took my car in to get fixed after an accident and when I came to pick it up it had a NEW dent!! But it was all worked out.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Replacing the rims is a bit much as they'd be stuck with your used rims and basically no way to recover the cash (who buys used rims from a dealer?). They should IMO though, give you back your money for the work they did AND fix the rims. That way there is a clear acknoweldgement of the error on their part and a little bit of goodwill to mitigate them hurting your baby.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, food for thought for me... I will definitely honda polish the shat out of the wheels and have the service mgr eyeball it with me when I drop my bike off for a tire swap.

"Hey, read too many horror stories on 600rr.net... I want my bike to look the same when I get it back dammit"

:roll:

·
Registered
423 Posts
they guys at my local shop use a teflon piece that sits on the rim when there using irons on it. No scratches. Its only a 10.00 piece you would think all mechanics would have some.

·
Registered
212 Posts
They should definitely AT LEAST eat the labor on the work they did and repair the rim. At least thats what we did when we nicked a guy 8 year old (garbage) rim when we changed the tire (and gave him the tire for free). They won't replace both, that's eating a ton. (even though it's their fault)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts