Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you recommend a Honda dealership change tires for my 07 CBR600, or is a local bike shop okay? Price difference is $132 vs. $80 for both tires. I just don't know if this is a simple everyday task for any bike shop, or if it's kinda technical stuff with removing and reinstalling the wheels correctly and safely.

thx!

·
Registered
302 Posts
simple every day task. if you have stands take the wheels off yourself and just bring the bare rims with tires in. It will save you a ton.

The rear wheel does need to be properly alligned and tightened properly so the chain slack is proper. but honestly any shop worth a damn can do this properly.

For the first time getting it done for the sake of getting on the road quickly have them do it but i'd suggest getting your hands on a service manual and some stands and learning how to remove the wheels and adjust your chain slack on your own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks for all the advice (and lack of judgement on the simpleton question!)

I'll bring local, and thanks for d info re: service manual. I can do some pretty basic things on my harley, but, it's a bit less complicated, I think

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
take it to cyclegear or any local shop. stealerships are too expensive.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
after the experience i had 2 weeks ago ... i will be forever changing tires on my own.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
after the experience i had 2 weeks ago ... i will be forever changing tires on my own.
Use some Myers Sliptac tire lubricant, michelin recommends it! My dealer uses silicon to lubricate the bead, wtf. Michelin says not to use stuff that stays slippery when it dries. Silicon doesn't even dry!

I also change my own tires! High five, saved $5000 so far compared to my dealer.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You should change it yourself. I didn't want to pay 40 dollars for a shop to take off 1 wheel and another 20 to have a tire mounted. You're gonna need a set of stands and YouTube videos make it really easy. In my opinion, every rider should learn how to remove a wheel on their own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.