Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Did you get to test ride the 600RR when you bought from the dealer/private party?

• Yes

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 120 75.9%
  • private party - Yes

Votes: 25 15.8%
  • private party - No

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did you get to test ride the 600RR when you bought it from the dealer? those who bought from private parties have two options also.

I did not get to test ride my bike so for me it's No.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
if i was a dealer. i wouldnt let people test ride bikes either.. so many noobs would walk in and drop it right then and there. people even drop biks by getting on them the wrong side.. ever have a guy old the handle bars while u got on the bike? lol and its like a domino effect in a dealership, drop one bike, all the ones to the side of that go too

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
i bought my RR and still havent riden it cause the ground/roads are full of salt and snow.... wont get to ride her til early april :(

·
Registered
835 Posts
I bought from an individual. I would never buy a used anything without test riding first.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I didn't test drive, but then again I'm smart enough to know bikes don't really get offered for it either. I was told once you kind of get a test drive after you do all the paperwork, etc, you have 10 miles to ride it and decide if you want to keep it or bring it back. I've never been told this by a dealer, just told by someone I knew in the past.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Every once in a while the dealership will have a demo bike, and if they know you they will let you take it out...usually with a salesman riding also. They didn't have one when I bought my bike so I just bought it. I had ridden an '02 F4i and figured they weren't to far off.

·
Registered
216 Posts
my guy actually laughed when i asked him for a test ride. i said, "that means no, huh?"

·
Registered
266 Posts
I bought "Lolita" from an individual. He did allow the test ride...and it was raining!

As I am sure most of you know, dealers don't allow a test ride due to their Insurance Policies...(and jerks who, in the past, may have gone for a test ride and never come back)...If you were injured they would be liable.

If you want to demo, may I suggest Bike Week, or Biketober Fest? Dealers generally have a demo area set up in front of the Daytona International Speedway. Probably not feasable for most of you tho...

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I knew what I was getting myself into..so I didn't care to ask for a test ride..I wanted the best for my money and I got the best for my money!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
guy i bought mine from fired it up, i listened to it a little, checked her out, had all my gear in the car and asked him if I could run it up and down the street a couple of times... I expected an no, but he asked if I'd ever ridden a bike before which was a yes... duh... and let me ride er up and down the street. only reason I bought it... ahha...

but if I was a dealer i wouldn't let idiots ride mine either... never know what you're getting...

edit... on the other hand when i bought mine I had my twin brother there... as well, collateral.. so ya know I wasn't going to take off on it or anything.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
before i even asked to take it for a test ride...i was just checking it over visually first, the private seller (member on .net) insisted i take it for a test ride before i considered buying it. great guy he was

·
Registered
870 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from did not offer, and I did not ask. The next bike I buy I may ask for a test ride. Do you think it makes any difference if you ride up on a new good looking bike that you are going to trade in?

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
My dealer had it all ready to test drive, I did not even ask, they ask me...

NO BS!

Jason

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I let my buddy buy an RR before me so I got to test ride his bike :fiddy:
I completely understand dealers not allowing individuals to test ride bikes but I do wish they had a process that would allow serious buyers to. I know it would be more work for them but maybe some paperwork/credit/bank account check for people who were really serious. Personally I've never purchased a motorcycle that I haven't been able to ride first (generally because I've always known someone else that had the same model). Just too much money for me to spend on something I can't try out beforehand.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I drove to the dealership in my car, told them I was interested in the 600RR. I asked if I could take it for a test ride and they said sure, as long as I had a license which I do. Got my helmet, jacket and gloves from the car while they filled in the insurance paperwork and made a copy of my license. They only thing they said to me was please could I be back in 45 minutes!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts