Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 CBR600RR that I am thinking about trading in on a 1000. It has a power commander, jardine can, frame sliders, and brand new pilot powers on it. My dealership offered me $6500.00 in trade. My payoff on the bike is $7000.00. I told the sales guy that and he said that they would give me $6800.00 for mine and that then we could deal on the 1000.
Because I can't afford full coverage on the 1000, I have to finance this thing with Honda on a unsecured loan and run with liability only. Anyway, this dealship tried to ask me for $11,599.00 for the 1000 (that's $300.00 over MSRP and conviently covers their $300.00 addition to my buy out)! I countered with they pay off my bike and sell me the 1000 for $10,000.00 plus all their BS charges and tax and such. Ended up I just walked out of there pissed off with a headache. Does anyone know what the invoice price on the 06 1000rr is?
How do you guys deal with these guys without wanting to bitchslap em?

·
Registered
870 Posts
lord_caffeine said:
I have a 2005 CBR600RR that I am thinking about trading in on a 1000. It has a power commander, jardine can, frame sliders, and brand new pilot powers on it. My dealership offered me $6500.00 in trade. My payoff on the bike is $7000.00. I told the sales guy that and he said that they would give me $6800.00 for mine and that then we could deal on the 1000.
Because I can't afford full coverage on the 1000, I have to finance this thing with Honda on a unsecured loan and run with liability only. Anyway, this dealship tried to ask me for $11,599.00 for the 1000 (that's $300.00 over MSRP and conviently covers their $300.00 addition to my buy out)! I countered with they pay off my bike and sell me the 1000 for $10,000.00 plus all their BS charges and tax and such. Ended up I just walked out of there pissed off with a headache. Does anyone know what the invoice price on the 06 1000rr is?
How do you guys deal with these guys without wanting to bitchslap em?
I think most of the members on this board will classify you as idiot. You have a one year old bike that you have barely covered interest on and you want to sell it for a bigger new bike. A bigger bike that you will not be able to afford insurance on, and you are planning on financing. Why dont you go back to third grade and get a clue.

You should be happy to even have a bike with your diminished capacity. Your stupidity makes me want to b!tch slap you.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
919 said:
I think most of the members on this board will classify you as idiot. You have a one year old bike that you have barely covered interest on and you want to sell it for a bigger new bike. A bigger bike that you will not be able to afford insurance on, and you are planning on financing. Why dont you go back to third grade and get a clue.

You should be happy to even have a bike with your diminished capacity. Your stupidity makes me want to b!tch slap you.
Thanks for looking out for my financial well being.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
919 said:

DDDDaaammmnnnnnn . . . . . . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, seems like you are getting sh*t on here. So let's not look at it that way. It appears you want the more powerful bike, but seems that you can't afford it. So what seems like the logical thing to do? Keep what you got until you can afford something different. As I'm sure others will agree, having a 1000 is just a little overrated. You'll never use the full potential of the bike on the street. I would rather have a 600 and use the bike, ya know? Bang gears on it, rev it high, not worry about instantly flipping over if you stab the gas. To me, it just seems more practical to have the 600. But hey, I'm not knockin anyone; to each their own. And the 1000RR is a badass bike. Just think about what you need, and what you use it for.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
If you cant afford the insurance, dont get it. Its as simple as that. Keep what you have, pay it off, and be happy for the time being. A bike is not a need, its a want. Especially a faster bike than your already fast 600. IMO it would be pure stupididty to try and get that 1000 in your situation. What happens if you crash it, or you hit someone, etc etc, without full coverage. Then you're stuck paying off a loan on something that you cant even use. Plus your bike is barley over a year old.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
slapnutz said:
Well, seems like you are getting sh*t on here. So let's not look at it that way. It appears you want the more powerful bike, but seems that you can't afford it. So what seems like the logical thing to do? Keep what you got until you can afford something different. As I'm sure others will agree, having a 1000 is just a little overrated. You'll never use the full potential of the bike on the street. I would rather have a 600 and use the bike, ya know? Bang gears on it, rev it high, not worry about instantly flipping over if you stab the gas. To me, it just seems more practical to have the 600. But hey, I'm not knockin anyone; to each their own. And the 1000RR is a badass bike. Just think about what you need, and what you use it for.
I really don't take any of this shizzz seriously. 919 can call me all the names he wants to from the comfort of his workstation. I bet he would think twice if he was standing right in front of me and not hiding behind the anonymity of the internet (wanker). Allstate will not write a policy on any 1000cc sportbike (at least my agent won't). I checked around and the best full coverage for the 1000 I could find was nearly $2500.00/year. I don't see how anyone can afford to pay this kind of premium.
Thanks for not jumping to conclusions about my relative intelligence and instead offering some constructive criticism.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Personally, i wouldn't upgrade to the 1000k if i was in your situation. If i wanted a sportbike but couldn't afford full coverage (or didn't want to pay a high premium for it), i'd just stick with the 600rr. Sure, having a liter bike gives you bragging rights because "itz a one thouzand y0!"...but in your situation, it doesn't really make financial sense. Plus, a 600 is plenty of bike for the street...as most people will say.

·
Registered
228 Posts
lord_caffeine said:
I really don't take any of this shizzz seriously. 919 can call me all the names he wants to from the comfort of his workstation. I bet he would think twice if he was standing right in front of me and not hiding behind the anonymity of the internet (wanker). Allstate will not write a policy on any 1000cc sportbike (at least my agent won't). I checked around and the best full coverage for the 1000 I could find was nearly $2500.00/year. I don't see how anyone can afford to pay this kind of premium.
Thanks for not jumping to conclusions about my relative intelligence and instead offering some constructive criticism.
In all seriousness bro - first, you need to shop insurance. For that I have just two words, State Farm. Second, without the name calling, I agree with the others. Keep the bike you got - it's still a good one and it will go plenty fast on the street. Two pieces of advice - liability only sucks - unsecured credit sucks almost as much as liability only... Just my $.02

·
Registered
158 Posts
You want them to pay more than your bike is worth, then turn around and give you a new bike without any markup?
It's a business, not a charity.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
How old are you and how long have you been riding? 2500 a year for a 1000rr makes it sound like your a young guy, thus having little riding experience as well.

lord_caffeine said:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sell your 600rr privately for $7k and pay it off. Take $4k out of the bank and go deal. It will be the only way you will find a decent deal. If you dont have that much cash laying around wait untill youv'e paid enough on the 600rr so that all of your loan payemnts dont go to interest and instead to the principle.

As far as insurance i dont know what to tell ya.

·
Registered
907 Posts
everything about this thread makes me laugh. Your upset cause the dealer won't take a huge shaft up their a$$ to give it to give you a bike you can't afford. Probably should have thought this through before posting

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just wanted to get your attention so you did not make a really stupid decision.

The honda card is not a very good deal, unless you have the cash and are just floating it to take advantage of other better performing investments.

Bikes get messed up it is just part of relality, even if you are the best rider in the world. It is critical to have insurance if you do not own it. You never know when some punk kid will steal it, vandalise, etc. etc.

Remember this bike depreciate ridculously fast, you have taken a share of the dep. on you current bike. Just sit an enjoy it. If you are constantly chasing the next best thing you really never enjoy what you have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know that you have a job and get paid for what you do, correct.
ever hear paying Retail to Retail and Whole sale to Whole sale.
what i try to said is dealership have to make their money and the sale rept. have to put foods on their table. that mean they have to get pay reqartless some dealr make more some nice one make less, but they have to make some to stay in bussines to take care of use bikers. you are asking then to pay high on your trade but on the other hane you want to pay low on their bike, every one have to pay tax and T.L. to state and uncle Sam. you should understand and work with them instead of piss at them, you want the bike and i am sure they want to sell, you need to work with them. you and your opinion but can not payfor insurance, then need to stay with the 600RR. good luck on the next deal that you are in and hopefully able to ride home with the 1000RR.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The dealers ablility to sell below MSRP sometimes depend on their agreement with the manufacturer and not solely on trying to rip you. From my observation, most bikes priced in the $10,500 range can be talked down $1,200 or so, even in the peak sales months.

Next time negotiate the purchase price of the bike first before bring-up your trade or cash/financing specifics. Once you have them commited on the sales price then you back-in the other variables.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts